Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blurry menu objects?
Trent [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2007 15:18 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Whenever I am in the "create disc" section and I hit "Preview" to take a look at my menu, my titles I created on the menu become blurry. I have no idea what is causing this. I've checked all my options, font types, etc., but just can't seem to figure it out. Any solutions?

Thanks,
Trent
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Titles/Menus displayed in preview have been reported before looking out of focus. Nothing to worry about.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 31. 2007 10:49

[Post New]
Damn - beat me to it again!

I was going to say the fonts are anti-aliased, which is nothing to do with any system font-smoothing and at small point sizes look soft on a computer screen, but fine when rendered.

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 31. 2007 11:01

Trent [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, guys. I burned a copy and you're right. It looked fine on tv. I appreciate your input! Now, if someone could just tell me why I can't go back to the menu during playback on tv, I'll be in great shape! For some reason, I have to wait until the entire video is finished before it will go back to the menu. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks,
Trent

[Post New]
No consolation, I know, but I have the same problem with not being able to go back to the menu. I have to eject the disc and restart!

Andrew
Trent [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sure there has to be some fix to this problem. This would defeat the purpose of just watching one part of the video at a time! Is there anyone who has fixed this?

Thanks,
Trent
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I think the menu problem is more to do with the remote controls we all have and whether the instructions burned into the disc are the same as we give via the remote. Some return to the menu using one key on a Toshiba for example and a similar key fails to react on another brand.

okay... When i tested this sometime ago i had varying results. I know that this is an ongoing issue for many - so i'll raise the matter again.

If you have a universal (do away with the multitude of remotes) programmable remote please check and let me know what results you get.

Dafydd