Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CS001024638 - Tracks Getting Out of Sync When Edit Text
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
•Ticket ID: CS001024638
•Related Product: PowerDirector

Subject: Tracks Getting Out of Sync When Edit Text
2011/05/31 14:06

Drag text style from the media library to the text track -- text to the right does not shfit (that's good).

Delete the text you just placed in the text track - or text created by pasting a text block - text to the right shifts left (that's bad).

Ctlr-V/Paste text copied from elsewhere in text track -- text to the right shifts right (bad).

Delete a video clip or picture that does not have an associated text block. Video to the right shifts left (good). Text track to the right shifts left (bad - text is now out of synch with video/pics).

One would think this kind of basic editing problem would be revealed in beta testing, but apparently not. If you would like me to serve as a beta test let me know. Samples of my PowerDirector usage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdJ-ui1SOM

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
One would think this kind of basic editing problem would be revealed in beta testing, but apparently not.

Many, many problems were revealed in beta testing, unfortunately whilst many, many beta testers revealed the problems, only CL can cure them. Your statement had a gentle implication of a "laziness" in beta testing, which I can assure you was not the case. I believe your statement would have been better worded as ".......solved after beta testing,....."

Of course, CL may not share your (or my or our collective) view that X, Y, or Z is a problem, for some of us the words "by design" have become familiar.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PDuser97031, (HoodRiver?)

Nice report.
It’s just that, as Adrian said, every single item in your report, was reported back in August 2010.
But take heart. Perhaps Cyberlink will take you up on your offer to be a beta tester for PD10.
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
But only take part if you are a calm, contained personality. Enhanced meditation techniques and extensive yoga periods may be required to avoid blowing a fuse. Military survival techniques are also useful, matched with a detailed knowledge of Kafka's The Trial. But I digress........ (again)

Cheers
Adrian
(Beta Testers Survival Club member) Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
So far there is nothing you have posted that was not found in the beta testing from years past to the last one. Your intentions are good, but you are beating a dead horse here. It's old news to us and we do not have much influence on what Cyberlink thinks is important enough to fix or not. They listened to very few things in the beta. But they did fix a couple of things we had been telling them for 4 versions finally. But with everything they fixed, other issues arose.

Also none of Cyberlinks people read these forums.

Also I make changes all over my timeline and I keep everything lined up like I want without much difficulty. Not hard when you get used to it after all these years. Just ask Cranston, I just sent him one of my annual projects to look at.

By the way, you video ain't bad either....

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 01. 2011 12:18

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I sort of blew a fuse after the release of 9. The beta testing had revealed so much. The spreadsheet report I have of every single issue, every single contribution, every single/multiple confirmation act beta testers did, I made sure customer support had the information.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write it up.

I just organised a group to be beta testers.

Edit: The spreadsheet was used to record every workaround needed, tip made, who made it etc. The beta testers who were active did a "hell of a job". There were many who did very little and some who did nothing. Those that have commented here were amongst the best and there are others on the forum.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 01. 2011 13:41

PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for editing my editorial. I didn't realize this was such a sensitive issue. But you are right -- there was no need for the editorial comment at the end. Thanks for taking me to task on that. PD is finally finally getting to the point where one spends more time using it than fighting it, and I should be thankful for that and all those who helped make it happen.

vn800rider
[Post New]
Don't worry, lots of things about PD9 arouse sensitivities in many of us (read Barry's posts). Luckily most of have a good sense of humour, and realise that PD9 was put on earth to make our path to editing heaven full of twists and turns, unexpected good things, unseen bad things, extreme frustrations and a few rewards. Bit like life really.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
10-4.

Keep in mind also that this post was not to the user community, but merely an FYI copy of a trouble ticket submitted to CL. The comments were directed to CL, not to anyone on the forum. Although redundant to converstions here, this trouble ticket was submitted in the hopes that the more TT's they get, the more likely the problem will get fixed. Probably wishful thinking on my part. It is my habit with other vendor forums to post the trouble ticket and the resolution as an FYI to product users. I didn't make my intent clear when I made this posting, hence the confusion. For that I apologize.

Later...
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cyberlink response for this trouble ticket follows...

Customer Support Response
2011/06/01 21:55

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with PowerDirector 9 Ultra64 bit software.

Regarding your concern, I would suggest you to elongate the text box or increase the duration of the titles and check whether it fixes the issues. Make sure that the size of the clip and the title are same.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

Saba
CyberLink Technical Support