Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector beta if you're interested
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Press Release
For Immediate Release
CyberLink Introduces PhotoDirector 2011 Beta - Innovative Photo Workflow Software for the Photography Enthusiast

Taipei, Taiwan—May 31, 2011—CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW) is excited to introduce PhotoDirector 2011 Beta by presenting a limited time opportunity to receive the official release version for free. PhotoDirector 2011 Beta allows users to experiment with a vast array of photo workflow, editing and management tools before the official release version is launched in June, 2011. Any user who downloads the beta version and provides valid feedback of their experience by June 20th will receive the official release version for free.
PhotoDirector 2011 transforms your photography by smoothing the flow from the time an image is imported to your PC to its final output. PhotoDirector features a vast array of cutting edge editing tools, including amazing Adjustment
Brushes, White Balance, Noise Reduction and many more. Save your favorite enhancements as adjustment presets and upload to DirectorZone.com directly from PhotoDirector 2011 to share them with other users, and download an
unlimited number of presets created by other users. Native rendering of RAW files from Canon and Nikon cameras allows the user to experience stunningly authentic color when decoding RAW file formats. With a vast array of dynamic features, PhotoDirector is engineered to bring out the absolute best of your photography.

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2011/Q2/photodirector2011/index.jsp?utm_campaign=EDM&utm_source=EDM_PR20110531-2ENU_mh3_1995&utm_medium=EDM_PR20110531-2ENU_2

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 31. 2011 11:44

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
One question por favor...will it eventually integrate to PD? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't know, haven't a clue. I just got a press release with the info as can be seen above.

Thought someone might be interested to look at it.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Images are displayed according to capture date. Which is great for multi camera which I use.

Barry, can you see any way to reduce a group of images to the same frame size - for example. 12 images at 3488 x 2616 down to 12 images at 400 x 300? I need that capability to use with a special script my son has written etc. I cant see it...

While this thread is up I'll beta post - if anyone wants to interact.. carry on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2011 14:07

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Importing images.
Left Column > Folders (drop down) > C drive displayed.
No other internal HDD in found.
All Importation has to be through "Import" button at the bottom left. The dialogue display popup offers only named USB devices/drive locations. The route to further internal HDD is by selecting "Other". Very poor.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can anyone see a way to place an overlaid watermark on one or a group of images?

I want to place a watermark on a group of images prior to displaying them or including them in a slideshow for streamed display or single unit displaying.

I cant find a way... doesn't mean it isn't there

Darn - I didn't spell (fine = find) that right either and had to edit my post.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 31. 2011 14:49

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think I found a bug.

If you've got a dual monitor set up, let me know and you can double check it for me please.
[Post New]
Man-o-man!! They plan on having that ready for release in JUNE?
I hope they read the questionnaires we submit and have success fixing it. So many needs in the interface!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 31. 2011 16:12

del23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2010 10:44 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Why is there no auto face tagging. Free photo programs have more features. I do like how the modifying section is setup. What would be great also is the capability to take out parts of a picture to make PIP objects.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 31. 2011 17:41

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for pointing this out. There are some features that I really like a lot, but there doesn't seem to be a way to select a portion of a picture and paste it into a new photo without saving a whole new project. This is something I do often and I prefer a quick and easy method, so if I'm missing anything I would appreciate some pointers. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Played with it all day and I am NOT impressed. There is FREEWARE that can do more easier than this thing can do. They will not like my review....

No simple saves at all.... You cannot just load, simple change and save without exporting? Ridiculous... You do not need to make a project out of a simple photo edit..... Why would you make a special set up and save it for one photo? I do not get it...

It has a very short future on my machine....

99 bucks for this? Puleeeeze.... you gotta be kidding.... I for one hope to never see this attached to PD... unless they completely overhaul it with something that makes sense...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2011 01:50

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
SlideShow Profiles are wrong some are 4:3 and not 16:9 and 720x480 is neither.

Agree with you Jamie, there appears to be no option to crop a selected portion then copy and paste.

Dafydd, agree there is no option to overlay a watermark, or for multi reduce a group of images, it seems that one at a time is the only option.

Whilst this program is a considerable improvement on PhotoNow, do CyberLink really expect to charge nearly $100, when there are many free programs available which have greater capabilities.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I made the download, but after these early impressions, I think it best to not install it. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm -

I'm a little confused. Is this thread meant to be a pseudo beta testing forum for PhotoDirector? My understanding is that reports should be submitted directly to CyberLink using the Issue Report Form provided in the email.

Anyone who has used Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (4x cost) will find some distinct similarities!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
The initials of the new program are "P" and "D".
So, this must be some sort of twisted experiment.
A psychalig...psickolodge....psympific....er, mental test by the EVIL ones at CL TECH SUPPORT.
They are seeing how far they can push us.
I won't fall for their plan, I won't, NO....where's that "Run as Administrator" button now...?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2011 17:38

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd asked the first question. If he didn't want comments I assumed he would have locked the thread. Maybe it was all a trick. I fell for it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
puedo hacer una consulta¿
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Submitted error report to CyberLink, then deleted program from computer, needs a lot of work before general release

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I loaded the info for editors to look at and if you wanted to write a comment, that was fine by me. I sort of did a bit of beta testing (what I wrote) but since writing the early part I haven't looked at the program again.

This isn't a beta test - just a place for an editor to comment pass a remark, whatever your fingers tap out.

No harm was intended or obligation to participate - just thought you'd like to have a go. I'm NOT recruiting for PhotoDirector.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 02. 2011 05:18

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That's cool, Dafydd. Thanks for the clarification.
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!