Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Helpful hint - how to use audio from youtube videos in your creation
Berto2002 [Avatar]
Member Location: Southend-on-Sea, UK Joined: May 23, 2010 04:16 Messages: 74 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Using a site called keeptube you can download videos from youtube and some other movie websites. Go to the site and it becomes apparent how to do this.

Using format factory you can extract the audio from those files. Simply select the all to audio menu and MP3 and when you add a file, add your movie file. FF detects it is a movie but still extracts the audio from it and saves it in the format of your choice.

The end result is that you have an MP3 file from a youtube video.

I find this incredibly useful for getting copies of other people's royalty-free audio tracks without having to find the source.

Cheers,
Rob AMD Phenom II X6 1100XT
ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB m/board
8GB Corsair Performance RAM
128GB OCX SATA-III SSD / 2TB SATA-III HDD
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2048MB
LG blu-ray RW super drive
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
PowerDirector Ultra 13
[Post New]
Easier method is to just import the YT video and disable the video track.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
If your using Firefox get the Download Helper add on and just use Firefox to download it and save a couple steps. Download helper will download any video you can watch. Been using Format factory since the first version. Same with Firefox. I have never used Internet Explorer, it still cannot do the things you can do with Firefox.

But you need to insure the audio you are snagging is indeed royalty free audio.

Bastian74... I believe it is the audio he wants to keep.... not the video. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
That's why I said disable the video track.
Also, you can download any youtube video by adding "pwn" to the youtube domain.
For example to download this url:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhSR_6-Y5Kg
Just add pwn like this:
http://www.pwnyoutube.com/watch?v=nhSR_6-Y5Kg