Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Still all kinds of shift/sync problems between tracks (2702)
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
For example...

Drag text style from the media library to the text track -- text to the right does not shfit (that's good).

Delete the text you just placed in the text track -- text to the right shifts left (that's bad).

Ctlr-V/Paste text copied from elsewhere in text track -- a space the size of the text block opens up in the video track -- SOMETIMES (that's bad). Also, text to the right shifts to the right (does not stay with the video you had text overlay for).

:o(

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Although well-intentioned (I hope), the actual functionality of PD9 often drives editors nuts.
Make frequent use of the UNDO button, and lock tracks as needed, then unlock, link and unlink, group and ungroup (degroup?). What does group do again?
Keep your UNDO button at the ready at all times! I can't quite put my finger on what is wrong with the programming logic, but it DOES work, but we have to work harder to use it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2011 11:26

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
dale9532 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2010 05:14 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
What I like to do is place a blank track above Track 1, so that when I need to delete items from the project and not make anything move, I simply drag the unwanted clips up into the blank track and then delete. In other words, if I have an hour movie going, and need to simply shorten a title track half way through, I don't delete anything from my main movie track, because that shifts the main track, but nothing else.. even linking all tracks seems to mess up too. I just move the title track to the blank track, shorten it up, and then move it back down.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, having a "dummy" track is very useful. Move files to the "dummy" for adjusting or removal, then put them back where you want them. This works, however, it feels like a workaround, and you should not need to utilize a workarond so often that it becomes part of the normal action of editing. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
>> however, it feels like a workaround, and you should not need to utilize a workarond so often that it becomes part of the normal action of editing.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I will report this as a bug to tech support. In the meantime the workaround/circumvention can come in handy in a pinch, even thought I'd prefer the issue not to exist.

P.S. Ctrl+Z (undo) is my most use key in PD9.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
You can try to tell them, but they already know. There are numerous threads here dedicated to this subject.
Senior members, as well as Newbies have gone over this LOUD AND CLEAR to Tech.
Many of us expect 1 last patch, but we are not privy to that info.
The next patch should address the Smartsound problems, as well as the timeline functionality, and the PIP troubles.
Those are the 3 biggies for me. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
dale9532 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2010 05:14 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
The workaround in this scenario is my normal mode of editing. I don't see another option. What's the other option?
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
There is no real other option, the "dummy" track is the best way to edit. It's just that it doesn't feel right, and forces additional steps. But it does work. Just keep the UNDO at the ready, I never used it so much before 9. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)