Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD can't access Fox Blu-ray menus
[Post New]
I wonder if anyone has any ideas on this problem?

On 20th Century Fox Blu-ray discs (Region B, Australia), PowerDVD won't load the menu. It goes straight into playing the film without prompting. The menu doesn't come up at the end, either - PDVD simply loops back and starts the film again, and again without prompting. Any other items on the disc are basically inaccessible.

If I go to the "Blu-ray" menu in the software, then choose "Select menu", options such as "Top menu" are all greyed out.

I've tried these discs in an OEM version of PowerDVD 8, and then full versions of PowerDVD 10 Ultra and now PDVD 11. All three were fully patched for their versions. I'm running them on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

So far, it's only Fox discs this problem has shown up with (for instance, "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Independence Day"), and it's been a consistent problem on every Fox Blu-ray I've tried (again, all of them Region B). So my guess would be that it's the software coding of the menus on the discs themselves that is causing the grief, rather than PowerDVD. Has anyone come across this problem themselves, or has anyone got any suggestions about what I can do?

It's not a deal-wrecker, since I can still play the films. It'd be far worse if I could only play the trailers, or the EPK guff. But it'd be nice to get this sorted, if possible.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
some titels do not have any Menu in the beginning, they show it at the end of the main feature

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
HI Michael,
Yes, I realise this. But did you read what I wrote? PowerDVD won't show menus on the FOX discs *at all*.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
did you ever try to call up the pop-up Menu?

it works here and I have similar behavior on my PS3 you need to call up the pop-up menu as it is the only way to enter the special features.

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi Michael,
I tried to cover all the details in my first post. As I said:

> If I go to the "Blu-ray" menu in the software, then choose "Select menu", options such as "Top menu" are all greyed out.

I presume this is what you're meaning by the pop-up menu? It doesn't work with these discs.
[Post New]
I can not reproduce your issue here - you may need to post more info:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

or please contact our Support Team

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Sure. Thanks for the fob-off.