Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Color Control Missing and not able to load subtitles externally in VsFilter Directshow codec
Aquamarinebeach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2011 19:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I just uninstalled PowerDVD 10 Ultra and upgraded to PowerDvd 11 Ultra that i just purchased. Very disappointed so far. Very buggy - like a beta software.

The major flaws I noticed so far:

First of all the "Color Control" under Advanced Video Properties is missing.

Now I can only play movies at the 4 included preset color settings (i.e original, vivid...).

I can no longer manually set the brightness to 30 if for example the movie is not bright enough...The 4 PRESET COLOR settings are inadequate as all of us users have different HDTVs or computer monitors.....

As an example, on my HDTV watching a Test movie, it's too dark at the ORIGINAL preset and still too dark at the BRIGHT preset. And I cannot manually increase the brightness.

Also in PowerDVD 11 as well as since the PowerDVD 10 build 2701 Update, I can no longer use the Directshow Vsfilter to load subtitle files.

The thing is PowerDvd's internal subtitle renderer is buggy. Most *.srt files have missing letters or have squares displayed instead of letters (e.g instead of Powerdvd it will display P**werdv* (I used * instead of the white boxes that are displayed in PowerDVD).

Also the subtitle option in PowerDvd is too basic - i.e there is no way to change position of subtitles on screen, or the subtitlle color, or the subtitle font size......

I would appreciate if these bugs could be fixed.

Until then I hope to get a refund on PowerDvd 11 and I will revert back to PowerDVD Build 2429 - that is the latest build that allows me to customize every single movie's color control...as well as display all my subtitles in VSfilter.

Also, I hope to be able to get a refund on PowerDVD 11.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2011 19:31

momento [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2010 20:43 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
yea Aquamarinebeach this version is suck !!! And no one answer the questions here.They don't care customers problems.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
PowerDVD 11 patch is coming soon and will patch many of the reported issues from this forum users (thanks fpor the contribution)

Greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan