Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating BD-R XL disc causes PD to hang
[Post New]
Hi all,

I've created a project consisting of MPEG-2 video clips, some transitions and a menu. The project is just over 70GB and I've set PowerDirector to create a BD-R XL disk at 100GB.

When I 'Burn' the project to a folder (I want to then reduce it to a BD-R DL later), the process hangs at 99%. Time remaining says 00:00:00 but the time taken just continues to tick upwards. The folder that's created is only 27GB in size and does not increase. I left it overnight and in the morning, same story.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

PD Build: 2702
CPU: i5 (not overclocked)
RAM: 8GB
Boot: 40GB Intel SSD
HDD: 1.5 GB Seagate HDD
GPU: Radeon 5700HD
GPU Driver: 8.831 (CCC 11.3)
 Filename
mroshaw_DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
37 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
231 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 11. 2011 04:31

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm not sure where to start.
1. OK, a screenshot might have helped here and still could be required.
2. The C Drive SSD has only 5GB of spare capacity to process the project - insufficient.
Please take your time and go through the ReadMe for PD9 - 100gb minimum.
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Language\Enu\Readme.htm
3. The stalling could be caused by the above or by a media file PD9 doesn't like. As 99% gives a positional "clue" it might be worth mentioning in your next post what you have at that point in your project.

This is very much a "maybe, couldbe" guessing game to eliminate the cause. I think I've guided you to look more closely a) at your processing space and the possibility of there being a corrupt/disliked media file.

Cofion gorau
Dafydd

[Post New]
Cheers Dafydd,

1. Trust me, it says 00:00:00 time left, ever increasing 'time remaining'. I'll give you a pound if you find out I'm lying

2. PowerDirector is installed in E: and it's happy to build 27GB worth of disc before it gives up the ghost. I've never seen any system requirements that state that free space is required on the boot drive - though I'm happy for you to prove me wrong

3. All media files are the same format - MPEG-2 files from standard, home made DVDs

I think PD9 is just getting it's knickers in a twist about 'how long' is left. It seems to struggle with hardware enabled encoding too - I get speedy encoding up to the first transition then it carries on as if the input format was not the same as output - it's all very inconsistent. The 'time remaining' doesn't seem to be indicative of the actual processing that's taken place or is yet to take place.

PD9 seems to me to be beta software - it crashes constantly for me and never actually delivers reliable output. I wish I'd been more active in the beta testing but I suppose it's my hardware and software setup that's to blame. I've had enough of PD9 now and am looking for something else - 'PowerDirector9.EXE has stopped responding' was almost a screen saver for me while trying to create movies of my new born daughter - I just can't be arsed with it any more,
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Trust me, it says 00:00:00 time left, ever increasing 'time remaining'. I'll give you a pound if you find out I'm lying

I'm not sure why you'd write that. The 99% for me indicates there may be media content in the tracks which is causing a problem. You didn't supply a screenshot.

Here's the link to CyberLink's Online Support.
https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

Dafydd