Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transfer from Pinnacle 9.4 to PD8
[Post New]
Hi again. A couple of years ago I did some footage from a family outing and made a DVD but recently lost the DVD + 2 others I had taken to a friends for viewing.
Last night I found the raw footage in Pinnacle 9.4 on my old computer (P4 Pentium) at the end of a different video.
It appears in page 3 in the Library of the video but I can't find it anywhere else.
So I tried copying and pasting it to different places but nothing pasted.

Any ideas please?

Thanks so much,

Phil. Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
You cannot copy and paste from the Pinnacle application to the PowerDirector application.

I don't have Pinnacle 9.4, but right-click on the movie/scene icon in the library and select "Open Containing Folder." That will open up the Windows Explorer folder where the actual file is located. Make note of where it is located so you can import it in PowerDirector, or drag it from the Windows Explorer folder to the PowerDirector library.

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
[Post New]
I should have explained that PD8 is on the new computer and Pinnacle 9.4 is on the old one (P4).

When I right click on the clip in the library it doesn't offer "Open Containing Folder." I have Windows XP on that computer. Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Well, you need to find the file on your hard drvie first Pinnacle has to be able to show you what the filename is of the clip in the Library. And it should also be able to show you what the full path to the file is, possibly under Properties menu item. But if not, then you can do a Search from Windows Explorer where you enter the filename as the search term.

Once you find the file on your hard drive, you can use your disc burning application to burn the file on a data DVD and then import that into PD8 on your new computer.

If you haven't already done so, post a similar question on the Pinnacle forum where someone with Pinnacle 9.4 can help you. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.