Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD10 Ultra together with 11 on same PC
pdwul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2008 01:56 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]

Did not try it out, because I donot want to mess things up: but can PD11 trial be installed on
the same PC that has a registered version PD10 Ultra installed?

I want to see if -for me- PD11 is worth to upgrade.

If in the end, I unstall PD11 will it not uninstall PD10 components.
Assume it will, so I will have to re-install PD10.

TIA
=
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

yes PowerDVD 10 and PowerDVD 11 can be installed on the same system.

PowerDVD 11 Trial needs registration on first launch in order to work (becasue of 3rd party roylaties)

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
pdwul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2008 01:56 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks.

Will give a try one day.

Tried to download the trial (from cnet) a couple of times now, but cud not higher downloadrates than
somewheren between 30-35kb/s and during the process the download went slower all the time, so I
killed the process.

Also, I am not really happy that the download mgr cnet is using has a fixed download path to
c:\path\folder\bla bla\temporary, as I always have the downloads in x:\downloads.

This, admittedly, is not a big issue, however, it makes downloading from cnet a bit 'unconfortable '

btw - when unstalling, will pd11 leave pd10 untouched?

=
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
yes - PDVD 10 should stay untouched

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan