Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD freezes my computer
nlc4481 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2011 10:31 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased powerdvd 11 and on dvds it freezes my computer. I haven't noticed it yet with Blu-Rays. The only way I can get out of the freeze is turn the power switch off and reboot. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I own powerdvd 10 and have never had this happen. I have the full version of powerdvd 11.

Intel Q9650 CPU
OCZ Ram 1600
Asus Rampage Formula Motherboard X48 chipset
Ati 5770 video card
soundblaster extreme music sound card
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2011 10:40

HON CHAU [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 30, 2011 11:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. My anti-virus detected a Trojan. The software freezes the computer when PowerDVD is denied access to the internet. And intermittently, I also hit the "blue screen" - maybe this software is a SCAM,.....
nlc4481 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am reading more and more that this version has problems. I know it does just that the last version worked fine and this one has some problems. I have not changed anything on my computer since I put powerdvd 11 on it.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi nlc4881,

can you please provide more info about your system:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

did you install latest Catalyst 10.4 ?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
nlc4481 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have 11.4 installed. I have the Powerdvd 11 full version. The hardware and software on my system have not changed between using both versions of powerdvd. Mine crashes when the dvd is playing and I open the settings display
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

can you please post the DXDIAG - it makes it easier to identify possible issues.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan