Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[solved] Problem upgrading to PowerDVD 11
STEVE52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2011 18:43 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased the upgrade to PowerDVD 11 from version 9. When I try and install the upgrade it appears to delete my previous version - which I assumed was 'normal'. However, when the installation tries to continue, it stops and tells me that I haven't got a previous version to upgrade!!! I've re-installed version 9 twice now, but it does the same thing every time I try to install the upgrade. So, it seems like I've purchased something that I can't use!!!

I also downloaded the trial version of version 11 in the hope that I could just enter my licence key to change it to the 'full' version, but it seems there is no way of doing this!

Any ideas? Has anyone else had the same problem?

Any help and advice gratefully received.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2011 04:32

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve,

Please contact the Customer support team - they should be able to help in your case.

Please let me also know:

1. what PowerDVD 9 you own (Retail or bundled with e.g. drive or PC)
2. what kind of Upgrade did you bought - please post the full filename here

thanks and Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
STEVE52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Michael - I've already contacted Customer Support, but no reply as yet (understandable with the Easter holidays, I suppose )

I have PowerDVD 9 Ultra which I got as a retail download from the Cyberlink website, and was upgrading to PowerDVD 11 Ultra - this was a discounted offer from Cyberlink via one of their newsletters.

The file name is: Cyberlink_PowerDVD11_UpgradeUltra_v1620_r66404_DVD110218-06

Thanks and best wishes,

Steve

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Steve,

the file looks ok so I think you received the correct Version.

please make sure that PDVD 9 is activated before installing the upgrade.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
STEVE52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
O.K., thanks, Michael.

I'll have to re-install version 9 again, then I'll give it another go.

I'll let you know if it works.

Best wishes,

Steve
graeme [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2011 09:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same prob here apart from attempting to install from previously bought PDVD10 downloaded from CL. Re-installed via PDVD 9 but still to no avail. Looks like the CL guys should have checked all this before release. Frustrating!!

Graeme
Phillip [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2010 18:51 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
This problem seems to be the norm with pdvd 11. It also knocked my winamp pro out of whack. So after paying for versions 10 and 11 I wind up with a hack on my system. Why didn't anyone check the installation process?
graeme [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2011 09:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Ive requested a refund. Maybe when a patch comes out I'll think about it again. Poor Show from CL guys though. Do your homework rather than come out with a Vista for movies!!
STEVE52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: O.K., thanks, Michael.

I'll have to re-install version 9 again, then I'll give it another go.

I'll let you know if it works.

Best wishes,

Steve

Thanks, Michael - after the 3rd attempt I've finally got it to install. Didn't do anything different to previous attempts, so I guess there must have been a glitch somewhere

So far, so good
jam3 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: EU, PL Joined: Nov 06, 2006 08:15 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Won't it save time and effort to everyone if upgrading is simplified? I purchased PDVD11 - an upgrade. It's not a full version and requires installation of any previous version that qualifies. However, that previous version is also an upgrade. It means that the procedure requires theree installations performed in a row. No wonder there are problems on the go. Please note that Cyberlink does not offer any cleaning tools for the products that can be used when problems arise.
Since I am a registered user with history (keys, etc.) I can't see the point in such an odd conduct. What's wrong in offering a full version upon purchase? Why should I retain the whole bunch of software? Why register or use Members Zone? This comment concernes all Cyberlink software that I use.