Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Folders in Libraries....
Navyvette [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pennsylvania Joined: May 05, 2010 09:00 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to create folders in libraries? That would go a long way towards keeping a large library organized. Windows 7 Pro 64
Dell XPS 8300
Intel i7 3.4 Ghz
12 Gb ram
Ati Radeon 5800 1Gb
2 Tb Hard Drive
PD 10.0 Ultra
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
The small grey tab with the arrow at the left margin of the media library window opens up the folder view. Add folders as you wish, you may need to experiment, I can't recall in PD9 if the folders and contents operate as you would expect, I seem to think some aspects were a bit unusual but maybe that was earlier versions?

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Navyvette [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks so much for your help...I feel like a bit of a fool, I found the function playing with PD and was coming back to let folks know I figured it out...sometimes my brain gets stuck in 1st gear in the am....Thanks again... Windows 7 Pro 64
Dell XPS 8300
Intel i7 3.4 Ghz
12 Gb ram
Ati Radeon 5800 1Gb
2 Tb Hard Drive
PD 10.0 Ultra
Steve99 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: So Cal Joined: Sep 11, 2012 22:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
In PD 10 is it possible to have folders within folders (nested folders)?
Navyvette [Avatar]
[Post New]
The small grey tab with the arrow at the left margin of the media library window opens up the folder view. Add folders as you wish. This is a very handy function when there are large numbers of videos and pictures. Windows 7 Pro 64
Dell XPS 8300
Intel i7 3.4 Ghz
12 Gb ram
Ati Radeon 5800 1Gb
2 Tb Hard Drive
PD 10.0 Ultra
Steve99 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: So Cal Joined: Sep 11, 2012 22:51 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Navyvette,

Thanks for your response to a newbie like me. However I guess I didn't express myself clearly. I did know how to create folders-but by example, what I want is to create a new folder for Colorado, then within that Colorado folder have sub-folders for Denver, Estes Park, and Boulder to track image files from each of those cities? This would work in a similar way to the folders and sub-folders in Windows.

How do I create three unique sub-folders of the Colorado folder?
Thanks