Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Converting 2D Blu-Ray to 3D
mrsnooch123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland Joined: Apr 19, 2011 19:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I was a user of PowerDVD10 ULTRA Mark II and have just upgraded to version 11, to find out that conversion from 2D Blu Ray to 3D is still unavailable. I read an article recently saying that someone had seen Cyberlink software in action converting the bluray movies to 3D and I was wondering when this will be coming available?? Converting DVD to 3D isn't really what I'm after at the moment.

I appreciate your help,
Mark
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
yes there were some tech-demo while CES but the option to use TT-3D for BD content is not yet ready.

I do not have any info if and when it will hit the market.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
boelle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2012 19:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
know this is an old one but just thought that i would add a strange observation... in 3d settings you can set the source to 2D... but why on earth have that option if the output is not 3D???

my test movie was lord of the rings
ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDVD 12 finally comes with support for converting normal 2D Blu-ray movies into stereoscopic 3D format in real time, so you may be able to enjoy some of your favorite 2D movies autoconverted in 3D format (if you are a fan of autoconversion to 3D).
boelle [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 02, 2012 19:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
the point was more that pdvd11 has the settings but not the feature... not going to pay extra for it