Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Won't Burn!
Markie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2009 13:18 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Going back and forth with "support" for a month and no result. I keep getting a burn error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I have no idea what is causing it as the software works fine to edit. Frantic. What do I do???? Being forced to use Microsoft movie maker and dvd maker to create disks! e80004005
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
If you can burn to a folder then use a free burner such as DVD ImgBurn to eliminate your hardware as a possible source. Win 10, i7
Markie [Avatar]
[Post New]
That won't work either.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Please elaborate. Win 10, i7
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Actually I prefer Windows DVD Maker. Can you render to a file? And yes we need a LOT of more info.... Go to the top of the first forums page and see the threads there on what we need from you. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Dave212321 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 15, 2011 09:16 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Give Cyberlink Power2go a try. Thats a free download for burning.
Markie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry this is becoming confusing. I can render. I can edit and do everything but burn. Everything is up to date. This is a Dell XPS 435T Windows 7 computer. 12 gigs of RAM, 64 bit system. I have deleted all other burning programs like Roxio thinking they were interfering. I get these crazy messages from support and then no answers. It is very frustrating. This thing has happened before with other versions of P Director.
Markie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Power2Go is not free. Only a trial. I don't need to pay again for something I have paid for several times before.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Again... go here and do parts A and B.... before you do things you may not need to do.....

By the way the error e80004005 has been around a long time, and Roxio (which I would NEVER use) has a lot of issues with that error, but a Google search will give you pages of hits too.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 14. 2011 19:05

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
All vodi
[Post New]
We are simply trying to establish what it is exactly that you are doing and how.

Did you burn to folder successfully ? The answer to this is important. Win 10, i7
Markie [Avatar]
[Post New]
As I said, I cannot burn a folder. Nothing will burn.
All vodi
[Post New]
Sorry, but you do not make sense. I'm exiting from this thread. Win 10, i7
Markie [Avatar]
[Post New]
Then go! I don't know what you are talking about...what else do you want me to say. I said it all. IT WON'T BURN, IT EDITS WITH NO PROBLEM, IT RENDERS, IT WILL NOT BURN PERIOD. BYE This is worse than so called support. I give up! I will find another program and ditch this one!
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Markie,

I sent you a PM (private message)
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Bubba in TX
[Post New]
Sorry this is becoming confusing. I can render. I can edit and do everything but burn.

Ok lets try this.

1. You say you can render a file to folder. Does Windows DVD maker then burn that rendered file?
2. Are you going to give us the Dxdiag we are requesting? You may be "missing" stuff and actually be not up to date.

I see you have used PD8 in the past I assume with no major issues.

Finally... NONE of use in here work for Cyberlink. Cyberlink personnel does not, I repeat does not monitor these forums. We will try to help you as long as you let us help you. You should know that. And that this is not customer support. It's member support, so far I must tell you it isn't going well.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 14. 2011 22:04

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link
Markie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am about to be banned by one of the mighty moderators...so thanks anyway. I am sick of these Tsar wannabes!
Bubba in TX
[Post New]
Why would you be banned??? I would assume you would like to figure out whats happening with your PD9.... YOU got it.. might as well use it.... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link
Dave212321 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 15, 2011 09:16 Messages: 125 Offline
[Post New]
Dear CyberLink Bronze Member,

Thank you for joining the CyberLink Members' Program. You are a Bronze member and are able to get FREE data burning software, Power2Go 5.5 LE Edition.

As a member of the forum you get it for free.