Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 CONTENT PACK...Anyone Know What's In It??
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Hello PD9 family,

I just reverted back to the original Power Director-9 Ultra because the latest patch was causing my DVD drive to stop burning after ejecting a disk.

I installed PD9 and produced a couple of DVD's with no problem..thankfully. BUT, I didn't reinstall the "Content Pack". Besides a few DVD templates, what does the Content Pack include? The installation .exe file is 728mb, which is over 100mg larger than the PD9 file. There must be more than a few DVD templates in this PD9 add-on.

Does anyone know what is in the Content Pack? To keep the DVD drive problem from returning, I'd like to keep PD9 small and non-updated. If the Content Pack is not REQUIRED for simple editing/producing/burning MPEG-2 files, I will not reinstall it.

The two DVD's I just burned were ACVHD camcorder clips that I dragged to the timeline and burned directly to disk. Rendering/burning was quick as usual and the resulting video/sound was clear as always.

-Allen in Chicago
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Content pak is required if you want to do much of anything. Your transitions, your effects, pip objects, particles, titles, and much more. I wouldn't say that you MUST install it..but.... Without it your PD is NAKED.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2011 00:21

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Bubba -

I reckon it's pretty safe to remove the cross hairs from your avatar now! I don't think anyone's gunning for you any more.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
BUBBA..Thanks for the enteraining reply. Since the DISK part of PD9 still causes Unsuccessful Burns with error code EB020B9C without the Content Pack, I might as well go ahead and install it. PowerDirector probably doesn't like being "naked", as you put it.

This is so frustrating to all of a sudden start running into these Unsuccessful Burns using PD9 over the past month. Reverting back to the original PD9-Ultra still doesn't solve the problem. So little help with this error code at the Cyberlink website, in these Cyberlink forums, and on the web...

-Allen
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
That error code has been out for a few years. It not just related to Power Director. Do you have problems rendering to a file? Let me know.

If the original 2416 (I think that's the number) seems to run OK for you then there is NOTHING that says you must install any of the latest update patches. I would install the content pak anyway. You may want to make a title some day. If things seem to run smooth, wait until a couple more patches come out and then if you feel lucky install a update patch ( I live in Nevada so I always feel lucky )

I never kept the final version of PD8, but used the one before that. I won't even talk about PD7...

Anyone that has been using PD for several versions more than likely have gone "back" a version. I have several times, until another one comes out and I try it. I was actually doing OK with the 2330 patch, but so far no real issues with 2702. I hope another patch comes out soon. Probably will. Who knows? The update patches fixes some things for most people but at the same time can cause problems for some.

Tony..

I am working on a new avatar. Any suggestions? In most of my other forums my handle is Grouchyoldfart..... seems to fit.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2011 00:39

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
AllenChicago [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: That error code has been out for a few years. It not just related to Power Director. Do you have problems rendering to a file? Let me know.

Hi again Bubba,
I can render to a file using the "Produce" module with no problem. From there, I can burn a DVD of the produced file with no problem.

The trouble arises if I want to do both of these in one step..i.e., drag desired clips to the timeline and go right to the DVD burn module with them. The content renders just fine in this module, but right when it gets to the Burning part, that maddening error code appears and the DVD ejects. The DVD ejects and then my DVD Drive isn't recognized by Windows Explorer. I have to restart the PC to get it back.

Bubba, if you type "eb020b9c" into BING search, you'll only come up with 12 instances of this error being encountered by users, and all of them are Cyberlink related. I hate having rare errors like this because they're not on the company's priority list and no authoritative assistance is available in the help forums.

Personally, I think it's something related to one of the Windows updates over the past 30 days or so, because DVD's were burning without any problems up until around February 25th...even with all the PD9 patches installed. Windows7 installed over 9 "critical" security updates between then and now. There's something awry and I'll get to the bottom of it. Thanks for your insights, Bubba!
-Allen

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2011 01:02

AllenChicago [Avatar]
[Post New]
how to delete a post?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2011 01:07

Bubba in TX
[Post New]
You can't delete a post. You can edit and remove your content, but it will not let you leave it blank. Wish we could.

Or.... use a lot of cuss words and stuff and it will get deleted for you

But so will you.... permanently

But you can PM the moderator and ask him too also... including a thread that you started....

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 02. 2011 10:01

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link