Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems in editing PowerDirector PowerDirector 8 to 9
sneckcids [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2011 12:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I transfer PD8 files to PD9 there is a separation of sound files and image files, and some other issues like when media files are removed in the timeline spaces appear between the files, etc.
Anyone else has had these problems?
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
sneckcids,

PD9 is a different editing program. It functions in many different ways from previous versions. The two things that you mention are two of the things that have changed in the program.

Some have recommended finishing any projects that were started in PD8 prior to upgrading to PD9.

I have had the same issues. It takes a bit of time to update the projects to PD9 but for the most part you can get the project back to what you had in PD8.

We have to re-think the way we edit when using PD9. I actually like the new editing methods, now that I have mastered the basics of PD9. I have much more flexibility to do the things that were not possible in PD8.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but the answer none the less.

Experiment and you may like what you discover.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube