Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue with "Audio Denoise" settings
JohnVIII [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2011 19:44 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
With apologies - was sure I posted this, but evidently that was only in DirectorZone and that's different. I did a search here and can't find it, so:

I'm new, and editing using features in "Fix/Enhance." Problem with "Audio Denoise" settings. Audio denoise offers three separate parameters and allows (or certainly appears to allow) individual adjustment of two, "stationary noise" and "wind noise." My issue is that, contrary to the interface appearances, I cannot set them independently. Select one, adjust the slider that appears with it, select the other, adjust that slider, look back at the first again and see it's been adjusted just as the second. Can't have one up and the other down, and since I like the stationary and don't care for the wind (alters voices) that's a problem. Doesn't seem right, so I'm looking for help.

I have over 100 separate splits in the current project and even if I could master Wave Editor enough to reduce camera noise (I don't use a separate mic., as my shooting is usually secondary to both another activity (like hunting) and still photography, my primary imaging venue - so I'm carrying bocoodles of stuff) I don't want to go in there and do it for that many splits. The simple stationary noise function works well.

Another issue - For some reason selecting the third parameter, "clicking noise," does not bring up an adjustment slider. It also, from listening, doesn't seem to do anything - but then I don't see that there's any way to tell if it's activated or not, either.

Thanks for your patience.