Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Wave form disappeared from audio and voice of track
[Post New]
The wave forms associated with audio and voice over tracks are no longer visible. The wave form does appear in the sound tracks associated with the video clips. Invoking the wave edit does not reveal the wave form. Previously, the wave forms did appear, but as editing proceeded they disappear in subsequent versions. If I start a new project and import an mp3 file, the wave form appears on audio track as expected. Any suggestions?

I am using version 2702 and running windows 7 X64.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
You will probably have to live with it.

The audio wave form comes and goes with no reason as to why.

I have PD8 and the audio wave form is a maybe it will show, maybe it will not show.

That does not affect editing the video, as long as you can hear the audio, you are OK. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Carl,
Thanks for the feedback. By trail and error, I have managed to trim sound tracks. It is a lot easier with the wave forms. At times, I use the wave editor and import the song directly and edit & save - then import to PD9.

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
I have found sometimes it takes a while for the wave form to show up but it does show up eventually, I think it is calculating in the background. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

It does take a while - several seconds maybe.

Do you have 'scroll in timeline' activated (the button under the preview screen on the far right hand side)?

When this is 'on' it gives the impression that the wave form has gone as it compresses all clips to be viewed at the same time. Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
Hi Neil,
Unfortunately, I could not locate scroll in timeline anywhere in PD9. It does not appear to be an option under the preview screen and I could not find it in any of the menus. Perhaps they dropped the option in PD9.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Kuroshio,

Could you attach a screen shot that shows the complete edit window? It might make it easier for us to determine if the problem can be corrected.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes if I stretch out the timeline and squeeze it up again, that will trigger the wave line. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Hi,
Attached is the screen shot. Also, I tried to compress and expand the timeline, but it did not produced the desired results.
[Thumb - Screen shot of no waveforms.jpg]
 Filename
Screen shot of no waveforms.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
760 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
289 time(s)
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Try switching off shadow edit files. Your library indicates that shadow files of many of your clips are not generated. If you're system is powerful enough you may not need them anyway - I haven't used them in PD8 or 9, they give me too much trouble.

Alt C>General>uncheck Enable HD video processing.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
[Post New]
In preferences, I turned off shadow files. I am running an overclocked i7 core machine with 12 GB of memory and a GTX 490 graphics card. I have set the Windows 7 priority for PD at high which should enable it to use all eight processors. Unfortunately, the waveforms did not appear. Also, tried changing the timeline compression/expansion.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
It may not cure existing problems but it's a long time since I researched with the shadow files. Certainly in some implementations they were completely unreliable and appeared to cause several issues relating to .pds files becoming "corrupted" and not functioning properly.

Shadows are stored in
C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\WaveForms

Technically, any wave form that is deleted will be rebuilt when called for again, but I cannot be certain with this build. It may be worth copying your wave forms to a temporary folder, deleting them in the PD9 waveforms location and then seeing if they will be rebuilt - from memory they may take some time but your system is more than powerful enough. You can then replace them manually from the temp location if that is not successful and you should be back in your current position and no worse off.

Might be worth a try???

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Shadow file and wave form generation are part of the same function in PD. PDHanumanSvr.exe function.

I suspect the problem you're experiencing will only be resolved after you've allowed shadow file generation to complete. Or you carry out Adrian's suggestion of deselecting file generation.

As Adrian has already stated, if you have a powerful enough PC, shadow file use is unnecessary. I would delete all shadow files, wave form text files as pointed to by Adrian, allowing the program to find and generate wave form after a new startup.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 20. 2011 12:50

[Post New]
Gentlemen,
Thank you for the additional information. I am on the road presently, but will try your suggestion within a couple of days. I did notice that PDHanumanSvr.exe usually is set to low priority by Windows 7. I have set PD to high priority as my default (which should give it access to all 8 processors on a priority basis). I will delete the recommended files and set PDHanumanSver to high priority and see what happens. I will report back. Thanks again.
vn800rider
[Post New]
Can't say in this version but I recall that PDHanumanSver used to be constrained to operate at a max of 50% of the available, not the total, CPU. So even with nothing else running it used 50% max, if anything else is going on, say taking 25%, it would be constrained to use 50% of 75%.
Whether than is still the case in PD9 I don't know?

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
[Post New]
I want to report back that I deleted the files recommended and turned off shadow files. This did not make a difference. However, I returned to the project today and using PD for another project and all the waveforms were shown immediately at the time the timeline was loaded.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.