Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Patch Problem???
[Post New]
My original PD9 software version 2330 worked fine. I applied patch 2504 (skipping 2330a) & encountered a problem
burning my avchd video. the burn menu showed Time Remaining 00.00.01 with time elaspe incrementing but not
completing. I reinstalled the original software & was able to burn the same video without any problem. Later I installed patch 2702 & encountered the same problem (different video) time remaining 00.00.01 but never finishing. I again reinstalled my original PD9 software which corrected the problem with this second video.
My questions - Did skipping patch 2330 cause the problem? Did the patches need to be installed in order? Did anyone else have this problem?

thanks/Jim
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
I ran into the same problem! After installing the latest patch, It will freeze burning to files in BluRay and AVCHD. Haven't tried other files yet.
Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work. It will stop as you describe or random points in the process of burning to file.
I un-installed PD 9 and re-installed after cleaning registry and it seemed to work fine. I started installing all of the patches, one by one and after the latest patch I have intermittent burning completetion.
Still trying to figure it out. Will let you know when I get it figured out.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 10. 2011 10:47

Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
After tweaking my programs and removing some software, I am happy to say that everything is now working OK. I blamed the problem on the latest patch, but I removed some of the free software that came bundled with my Sony BluRay Burner and I think that was my problem. Anyway everything is working super as of now.

Cheers Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Edition.
[Post New]
thanks bulldog.

Do you recommend that I reload the Patches starting from the oldest & continue to the newest, or should I just load the newest patch? I'm still leery of getting the problem I had during the disk burn (00.00.01 time remaining and not completing.)
twincitybulldog
[Post New]
I would go back to the earliest patch and go one by one in order to the newest. I see some of the members are not installing the newer patches.
I might just not install the newest patches now, but wait.
I did install all of the patches from the earliest to the newest in order and all is working very good now.
Good Luck!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 12. 2011 13:47

Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Edition.
[Post New]
thanks. I'll stick with what I have for awhile. Then when I have some free day I'll try loading the patches in order & give it a try.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm monitoring this thread and any issues you find are being read and noted.
Thanks
Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Post New]
I downloaded & applied patch 2330a & was able to burn to a folder successfully.
I then downloaded & applied patch 2504 & tried to burn the same file. It failed with my previous problem.
Time remaining 00:00:01 second & never finishing. the percent completion for this 469 mb video was
91%. The percentage of failure depends on the size of the file I'm trying to burn. The only thing consistant
is the time remaining which is one second. I get this burning to a disc or to a folder. To me the problem is with patch 2504
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Doesn't the latest patch include the all updates from the previous patches ?

Or do you have to add one-at-a-time to get the latest version ?

As yet I haven't updated anything from the original PD9 after reading all the horror-stories

Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
twincitybulldog
[Post New]
Good Question! Maybe someone smarter than I can answer.
The download files are:
2330- 107,445 kb file
2504- 105,683 kb file
2702- 89,451 kb file
The reason I was downloading them one by one,first to last, is to narrow down why I was having problems with the latest patch, 2702, BD and AVCHD burning issue. I tried them one at a time to burn with each patch.
I finally concluded that the patch was not the problem, but with some software bundled with my Sony BluRay Burner (Cyberlink Media Suite scaled down version). I have since used the 2702 without any problems.
I have had no other problem since then. The speed is absolutely incredible compared to using the same program, PD9, on my HP laptop 32 bit. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Edition.
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Good Question! Maybe someone smarter than I can answer.

Hmmm . . . Well after looking at http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html I read it that the latest patch does include the previous updates, so anyone wanting the "latest build" only needs to upload the latest patch : Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
That's correct folks, the latest is (hopefully) the greatest. Win 10, i7
del23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2010 10:44 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Every patch has been less stable for me since 2330a . It just become unresponsive more often with the latest two patches
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Are you saying that those purchasing Power Director 9 Ultra today are purchasing PD9 Build 2702? No need for them to apply any patches since the Build is cumulative.. Right?
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, the older patches are included in the latest one, including all fixes.

Note: In the last two releases (2504, 2702) I've had to completely remove PD9 and then re-install in the following sequence to avoid some of the "instability" that most us see :

- install PD9
- install content pack
- activate PD9
- install latest patch Win 10, i7
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
HDEdit, thanks for also confirming that Build 2702 contains all previous fixes/enhancements. Shouldn't each Patch be larger than the previous patch, since each one is an aggregation of prior releases? I guess this is the aspect that has me perplexed.

I removed PD9 Build 2702 and then reinstalled PD9 without any of the updates to eliminate my burning issues. Is there a limit to the number of PD9 Reinstalls, like there is with Microsoft Office, which limits you to three? I'm tempted to add patch/build 2702 back to PD9, but don't want to end up with no PD9 at all if the patch causes the burning errors to re-occur and PD9 doesn't let me reinstall it again.

-Allen
All vodi
[Post New]
No. There are no limits to re-installation that I'm aware of and I've done many ! Just use Win7's controlpanel to do the removals.

Release 2702 runs better than 2504, but not as well as 2316, the original release. But then again, 2316 has it's own set of problems and NOT everyone will experience them, based on how they are using PD9.

The probable reason for the different file sizes is that some earlier patches had to be backed out. I'm aware of at least 2-3 of them. Win 10, i7
del23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2010 10:44 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
[
Note: In the last two releases (2504, 2702) I've had to completely remove PD9 and then re-install in the following sequence to avoid some of the "instability" that most us see :

- install PD9
- install content pack
- activate PD9
- install latest patch ]

I did that with 2702 it helps some what but still more unresponsive reports
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think there is a limit on the number of installs (if on the same computer), but there is a limit on downloads.

For that reason, it is best to burn a CD or DVD of the downloaded files.
Keep your email of the serial number on that same CD. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

AllenChicago [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I don't think there is a limit on the number of installs (if on the same computer), but there is a limit on downloads.

For that reason, it is best to burn a CD or DVD of the downloaded files.
Keep your email of the serial number on that same CD.

For some reason, the forum moderators removed my question, but thanks Carl for answering it so thoroughly. Burning a DVD is far safer than keeping the downloaded PD9 on the hard drive. I'll write the Activation Code on the DVD as well. Thankyou sir!
-Allen