Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possibly the worst technicial support I have come across
Tim1977 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2011 22:08 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've purchased Powerdirector 9 Delux,

I have not been able to download it from Cyberlink, I've emailed customer service 5 times now, there typical response:

We apologize for the inconvenience.

To download your program, please follow these steps:

1. Go to https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/member/sign-in.do

2. Enter your email address and password* into the requesting fields

*If you do not know your password, please use the "Forgot Password?"
link on the page.

3. Click the "Sign In" button

4. Click the "Download" button and select the option to "Save".
(NOTE: If clicking the download button does not work, try right clicking
on the button and choosing the option to ’save target as’)

5. You will be prompted to choose a location to save the downloaded
file. We recommend placing the file on your Desktop.

Well the problem is, THERE IS NO DOWNLOAD BUTTON, there is no record of my purchase... I work for a large enterprise and will not recommend this software to anyone. No matter what I state in my emails, I get the same generic reply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Tim,
Send me the Order number, your full name and email address and the online support reference numbers please. Your location address may also help. Please state the method of payment you opted for (PayPal, card and through whom you purchased PD9). PM me the details.
I can then ask CyberLink head office to investigate.
I wouldn't be happy either.
Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2011 04:14

robbi_uno [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2011 04:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Here here.

I've been struggling for several days to find that mystical download button. Apparently it's my cookies. Tech Support says they must be disabled and I need them enabled to make a purchase or check my user page....Oh hang on, I DID make a purchase and I CAN log into my user page...

I get exactly the same message EVERY time...despite repeated requests to show me what the download button looks like or what option it hides behind.

O/N #8739446344 - PD9 Ultra 64 - PayPal

Here's some of the reference no's.
KMM34878257I11273L0KM
KMM34881139I11273L0KM
KMM34877861I11273L0KM
KMM34925690I11273L0KM

Rob
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tim,
I have acted upon the information you have sent me.
Dafydd
redcsctrike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2011 13:55 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Gosh! It must be a broken record. I agree with your assessment concerning support.

I don't even believe support read my emails. I even asked them to please read the entire email. They had me doing all kinds of things, blaming my browser(s), and had me reconfigure my browsers, cookies, etc. When I complained again saying the link they sent did not work because it redirected me to another and there was no download button. They responded the link works for them. Well, at that point, they won. I finally gave up.

Even worse, I paid for the additional extended download service. Guess what!??! Yep, when I go to my orders on their web page, it says I do not have any orders with them. I have no idea what is going on and support is apparently too busy to actually read their email and respond.

I also wish I had tried the PowerDirector Ultra 9 program before I purchased it. My purchase decision was based upon the recommendation as a PC Magazines Editor's choice. Don't do as I did. Try the program first so you don't end up like me and others who have posted about their unresolved problems.

I have had a problem with my videos turning bright green in the program since I purchased it in January 12th. I cannot edit any video without it turning green in the preview screen. So far, no results from support and I have not had any successful results posting here in the forums. This only occurs when I edit a video and save the project.

So let me sum up:

1. Numerous emails to support asking for help so my order shows up on their web site and being able to download the program for a lengthy period of time for which I paid them extra money.

2. They tell me the "link" they sent works. NOPE! It doesn't work with Firefox or IE. It doesn't work on a different computer with Firefox or IE. I really think they are just giving me a run-a-round so they don't have to troubleshoot their problems.

3. They refuse to address my questions about why my order doesn't show up on their web site.

4. All my mpeg files turn green in the preview screen once I have edited them. Once I save them as a project file, even if I reload the program, when I bring in the project, the screen turns green.

5. I have had the program for a full two months and have only put one of my home videos on DVD. I was able to do that because I did not edit the video.

6. So far, the score is: Digital River 76, Cyberlink 76, Support -120, and me 0.

I wonder if this is just a way to have me spend additional money for phone support? Anyway, I'm out the money and have lost space on my hard drive to a program which is failing completely for my needs. I think I would stay away from this program too. I am really disappointed because this program looks like it would be fantastic if it worked. Unfortunately, it doesn't and the support really fails.

Roger

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Roger, send me the email please, unedited and without any changes.
I'm not CyberLink, I'm the moderator of the PD forums and can put your case to the right members of CL staff.
I also want the support reference numbers, the order number and your full name an contact details.

I have sent you a PM.

Check out my status: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/user/listGroup/7.page

It is VERY important you forward me the email content.

Thanks
Dafydd
Grace2010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2010 04:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! Seems some members are having the problem to check the orders.

You can also check your order from the link below:
https://www.findmyorder.com/

Hope it helps!

Grace
SUMMER [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2011 21:00 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue. I've logged in, checked order status, used all links including Find my Order but still nothing to download. I've e-mailed support today and hope to have a resolution soon. But I have to say that, so far, I'm not the least bit impressed. It almost makes me want to go back to my old program...

Update - issue fixed!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 27. 2011 10:56

redcsctrike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2011 13:55 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Update...

First of all, thank you to the people on the forum for trying to help. Unfortunately, none of the suggestions have worked and even though Cyberlink personnel received all my communications through a person on this forum, they have not responded to me.

I believe the subject line of this message is incorrect. Cyberlink does provide THE WORST TECHNICAL SUPPORT as far
as I am concerned. I have owned the program since mid January and it is now April. The program is useless because it does not work. In fact, support will not even contact me. My order still does not show up. I have wasted too much time and too much money on this program. This is totally unacceptable. Editing video with this program is impossible.

Thanks Cyberlink for absolutely nothing except frustration. If I were being used to beta test this program, it would have
been nice to have been told.

By the way, where is my order? I tried the link Grace suggested: https://www.findmyorder.com/DRHM/store which is
supposed to let you see your order. Guess what?!? Yea...here is the result "The order number was not found." Wow...the
same as Cyberlink support! Not found!

I'm seriously thinking of contacting my Attorney General and file a complaint. I'm also sending this to Cyberlink support. Lot of good that will do. How and hell do you get a refund for this piece of crap software?

Totally disgusted,

Roger
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Sory to hear bout your problem! digitalriver I believe handles the order and money end of Cyberlink products. If you look on the conformation e-mail after placing the order you should find the address of the company and e-mail them they may refund your money.
Jim
p.s I paid twice for a program through Cyberlink (and my own stupidity) but contacted digital river and they refunded the extra payment Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!