Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Tools speed and muted audio
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a variant of the muted audio retention issue that has been reported several times. Looks like another bug with audio retention, just a different manifestation. Maybe someone else can verify with the sequence as shown below.

1) drag nature.mpg to timeline, use Power Tools to change speed to >2x so audio mutes, say 2.8x, mean volume level indicator disappears as it should
2) save project and exit, reload project, notice now you have the mean volume level indicator. Grab the right end of it and adjust
3) save project and exit, reload project, notice now the volume plays at some advanced speed, that is strange, but even worse, you have lost the ability to turn off the Power Tool speed, the tool panel has disappeared, see pic

If it happens to you, one can make some progress by unlinking and removing the Power Tool speed effect on audio and video separately. Adjust time duration to match again and then link objects again.

Jeff
[Thumb - power tool sound_JL_JL.png]
 Filename
power tool sound_JL_JL.png
[Disk]
 Description
Power Tool speed and Audio issue
 Filesize
200 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
424 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

I have replicated the bug you've located. I'm sure during beta testing an anomaly which caused only Multi-Split* to display was reported in another bug situation. I know both Adrian and my self had it happen to us.

I'll put a report in to CyberLink. well done excellent find and write up.

* Multi-Split displays when a group of video are stacked on top of each other in the video tracks and then all are high-lighted. Moving the cursor to one position and selecting Multi-Split results in all tracks being split at one point and in one go.

Thanks Jeff,

Dafydd

Issue 170

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 15. 2011 07:57

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Yep same thing here... Win7 32 bit....... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
CL = Bug fixed in v2930
Please check.