Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD REGION CODE
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
All of a sudden, all the DVDs created by PD9 Ultra on my machine will not ply on the usual DVD players I have.
The computer based player can display, but all the stand alone boxes say that the disk has the wrong region code set.

I updated PD to 2504, removed all other burning software, cleaned registry multiple times, verified DVD burners were either unset or region 1 (I live in US).

This appears to be software related, disks made before tuesday's windows update seem to play OK, anything made after seem to have region error. I looked at all the junk M$ said was affected by updates and nothing "looked" related to DVD burning at all.

I did install NERO 8 Essentials, to recode DVD9 to DVD5 created by PD9, it seemed to work very well, keeping a lot more quality then PD9 encoding directly. So that software could have messed up the system, even after removing it.

I am not accusing PD of being at fault, just wondering if anyone else suddenly could not burn good disks.

Don't really look forward to regressing to earlier system image if I can do a simple registry edit or just shoot my self.

Windows 7 64bit Pro
Phenon II x4 with 8GB memory
6.4 TB of disk
ATI 5750 -> two monitors
All drivers and Windows updated RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
Partially solved the problem, still not sure what happened. Reloaded old image of system, but still working with existing projecvt material. Still had the issue. Restore current system, updated drivers and all, retried ... still had problem.

just for kicks, burned older project as is ... it worked. So system and hardware not problem, and software also seems not guilty. conclusion must be source material.

was really old Hi8 tape, heavily reworked in Virtualdub to stabilize (way beyond what PD9 lets you set correction ranges).

I always worked in uncompressed video, so i did not think to look too close to the intermediate files. During one of the correction passes, must have resized to what VD thought was PAL, so it tagged the file so. All those settings can get one in trouble. I had thought PD9 would detect PAL vs NSTC, but since "all" the video sequences were same format, it did not flag an issue, just made a PAL disk which my equipment would not deal with. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
ROCKET-SCIENTIST

You might check your setting in Preferences for the TV Format.

A lot of cheap DVD players will not play PAL (25 FPS) in the USA. Be sure your TV Format is set to NTSC (30 FPS).

I don't think PD notices the frame rate as much as the aspect ratio. Aspect ratio difference will get a warning.

Frame Rate output is what is set in Preferences. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.