Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't activate PowerDVD 9Full/10 Upgrade
Joe V. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2011 22:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

I purchased the full version of PowerDVD 9 Ultra a while back. Recently I upgraded my system and upon reinstalling Windows, decided to upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Ultra. When I tried to install PowerDVD 10 it told me that I needed version 9 to be installed. I didn't have a copy but managed to find one on a shareware site. Problem is if I install PowerDVD 9, it gives me an error when I try to activate it with my serial number. You would think they would have just added a page in the PowerDVD 10 Upgrade installation that let you enter your version 8/9 serial number so you could continue installing!

I opened a ticket with support but they haven't answered yet and it's been two days. Anyone have any idea how long it takes them to respond? Even better, anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the PowerDVD 10 Upgrade version installed on my system? Thanks

Samoedaddy69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2010 20:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the party. That is how they roll here. It will take a few days for them to respond. I cant tell you why, it is what it is. It is a shame cause they have top notch software, but support it terrible.
Angry_Angry_Angry2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 06, 2009 13:15 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am in a similar position. I have had responses that indicate the technical support rep is unable to understand english or numbers. This is certainly the WORST example of Customer/Technical service I have EVER come across (I have worked as a consultant to the technical support industry for 6 years).
I can not beleive that there are so many people with the same problem and no available solution in terms of an actual person who can understand what the problem is.
I have had my posts deleted from the forum where I have stated what disgusting service has befallen me and also witnessed other people's queries being removed so the true extent to which this "Customer Disservice" is occuring is distorted.
I have now been in possession of an utterly useless purchase for 2 months with absolutely no progress being made towards a resolution.
There have already been 9 support ticket responses where the support rep has shown clearly that he does not listen/read or attempt to make any proactive steps towards offering support.

This is, quite simply, DISGUSTING!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
I purchased the full version of PowerDVD 9 Ultra a while back. Recently I upgraded my system and upon reinstalling Windows, decided to upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Ultra. When I tried to install PowerDVD 10 it told me that I needed version 9 to be installed. I didn't have a copy but managed to find one on a shareware site. Problem is if I install PowerDVD 9, it gives me an error when I try to activate it with my serial number. You would think they would have just added a page in the PowerDVD 10 Upgrade installation that let you enter your version 8/9 serial number so you could continue installing!

I opened a ticket with support but they haven't answered yet and it's been two days. Anyone have any idea how long it takes them to respond? Even better, anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the PowerDVD 10 Upgrade version installed on my system? Thanks

Hi Joe,

it is mandatory to have the previous Version of PowerDVD installed and activated before you can install and activate PowerDVD 10 ULTRA upgrade.

When you purchased the POwerDVD 9 in our online store please pass the Order Number to our support team so they can check. If you bought in a shop please provide a proof of purchase and ask support for the download link for your POwerDVD 9 ULTRA you bought before.

thanks and br
Michael
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan