Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If This Is Not A Cyberlink Headquarters Entity
Dickflyfisherman [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: May 29, 2008 09:34 Messages: 197 Offline
[Post New]
There should be a disclaimer cleary stating so on the site!! That would save one help off a lot of frustration and angst by both the moderators and the participants

IF Cyberlink is just using the site as a free field testing process, then let them state that, everyone would understand even me

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 08. 2011 13:58

All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
I believe that you are correct in your assumptions. But most vendors of software do exactly the same and use their forums as they wish. I've researched most of the contenders in this filed and all of them use controlled forums for various purposes. There are independent forums available. A bit of Googling will net you some but will not offer any links to the vendor. Win 10, i7
Dickflyfisherman [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: May 29, 2008 09:34 Messages: 197 Offline
[Post New]
One of pet thoughts/sayings is

I don't give a rats arse if you have been doing it that way for hundreds of years, that does not mean that that is the best way to do it

You can apply that thought to just about anything
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Actually if you had been paying attention, you should have discovered that these forums (for all Cyberlink products) are for the benefit of those of us that are using their products and the information in here is gleaned from our own experiences with the software.

Cyberlink programmers, or main office personnel do not get in here and go over issues with us.

Nor do most software company forums. There are enough people in here with experience using PD (any version) to help you with a software issue. Your billing and registering issues, if you would have simply stated how do I contact CL for those issues, informed people in here would have steered you in the right direction, even though that direction is not what you wanted to hear. When we have issues like you are experiencing, we have to go here:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

and here

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/customer-services.do

Just like you have been (or should have been) doing.

Yes we have software problems like any software users, and this forum is no different from any other forum whereas individuals come in here and ask questions on software issues and to see if others have experienced the same problems and what the fix was.

Not to rag on the company on download issues, and the problems with getting the license key, which are indeed a problem, there is no one in here with a direct line of communication to the registration/billing office. We all have to go the same route you are taking. Yes CL is slow in responding, but they will. because apparently you did manage to finally get the software downloaded (we think). Yes for the most part we have all suffered from partial downloads from time to time.

There are many of us which have been using CL products for any years (not all without issues of course) but all of my Power Director questions I have had since version 4 have been answered here.

I would suggest that your comment " I don't give a rats arse if you have been doing it that way for hundreds of years, that does not mean that that is the best way to do it" has no bearing on any issue in here. Also keep in mind that Cyberlink does own this forum and they run it as they see fit. That simple. As with any forum owned by anyone or company, it's just that simple.

There are a lot of PD users in here that would love to help you with any and all Power Director 9 software issues, but don't expect any help with your rants and ravings on issues that have nothing to do with using PD9.

Oh... and before I forget, you have been a member of this forum long enough that you should already know all of this with your experiences using PD8...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 08. 2011 20:31

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
hambone
Newbie Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Joined: Dec 14, 2010 20:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Bubba in NV

Very well said....... I appreciate all the information I receive on the forum. PD9 ULTRA BUILD 3505
Camera: Cannon Vixia hfs20
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP G71 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core
[Post New]
Quote: I don't give a rats arse if you have been doing it that way for hundreds of years, that does not mean that that is the best way to do it

You can apply that thought to just about anything

OK, if I can apply it to anything, perhaps I can apply it to your method of asking for help and communication???