Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
audio on video clip plays at fast speed
SnowCalla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2011 12:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
I tried to find a search function on the forum, but I couldn't find it.

I have loaded clips from my sony cybershot - MPEG-1 clips. When I play them back in PowerDirector9, they sound like they are playing back at a much higher speed. I submitted a query to tech support, but so far haven't received a response. What is causing this to happen and how can I fix it.

Thank you,
Cara
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi SnowCalla,

This 2 page thread may shed some light. I don't know if the issue has progressed beyond this point.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14165.page

BTW, since you asked, the Search function is at the top of this page.
Search - Recent Topics - Member Listing - Back To Home Page -, etc, etc, etc,.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 06. 2011 22:27

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
SnowCalla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2011 12:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for both answers. I just bought PowerDirector9 and am now thinking I might have made a mistake since it appears video from a sony cybershot just won't work (as of now) and I'm on a deadline. It looks like a great product, tons of potential - just wish I could use it.

eta: what free batch convertor does anyone suggest? So I can convert it from MPEG-1 to MPEG-2

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2011 22:58

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
If you're on a deadline & need a fast fix, download FormatFactory (free - google it), drop the clips from your camera into in (use the All to MPEG setting) & FF will convert them to MPEG. This usually "normalises" them & might get you past your current hurdle.

Use the converted files for importing & editing in PD. Your original clips will remain as they are.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!