Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BD CREATE DISC PROFILES NAMES and SVRT questions
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hello users,

Question No. 1
What profile in BLU-RAY MPEG-2 coincides with what profiles in PRODUCE/ SVRT)?

I am developing a MAINPROJECT, using clips produced in several other sub-projects, therefore, need to be sure which profile to use, at the time to produce the files to be imported to the MAINPROJECT. I want to ensure that the profile to use, is the best suited to create (burn) the blu-ray.

Names in CREATE DISC profiles do not match the default names in PRODUCE, SVRT or BATCH, so I want that someone tell me which format matches. Let's play a game, view the attached image and make it match. I suppose that HD 1440x1080 in and HD 1920x1080 in create disc, matches with BD 1440x1080 and BD 1920x1080 in produce, batch and svrt respectively, if not, what is HD 1440x1080 in and HD 1920x1080 profile information?

NOTES:
- All HD AVC (H.264) profiles names match in create, produce, batch produce and svrt. So why not for mpeg-2?
- I have modified the image, so only 1440 or 1920 profiles that I’m interested for, appears on it)

Question No. 2
Why SRVT have a profile named “BD 1920 x 1080P” and there isn’t such default profile in PRODUCE or BATCH RODUCE?

I can create like custom, but should be a default in produce?

Question No. 3
Why SVRT doesn’t work with MPEG-2 produced clips?

In order to save time and ensure looseness quality in my imported sub-projects produced clips, is a good idea to produce them in the same profile what my BD creation would be. SVRT INFO supposes to tell me about how PD would render the clips. To test it, I create a 3 seconds project and produced in all PD different AVCHD and MPEG-2 profile, using the batch produce. Then import them to a new project. Also include an original 3seconds clip from the video camera, with a H.264 1440x1080i 15.5Mbs footage. Then test SVRT Information, changing all profiles and updating the SVRT info. This was the result:

- All AVCHD produced clips, are recognized by SVRT perfectly (see image AVG.PNG)
- Any of the MPEG-2 produced clips was recognized by SVRT (see image MPG.PNG). Why?

NOTES:
- All clips have the name of the corresponding profile. The original camera clip is 0006.MTS

Question No. 4
What is the function of “Check Project” and “Check Format” buttons in SVRT Info view?

I never have seen them enabled

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas
[Thumb - MPG.png]
 Filename
MPG.png
[Disk]
 Description
Question 3 MPEG-2
 Filesize
255 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
162 time(s)
[Thumb - Profiles.png]
 Filename
Profiles.png
[Disk]
 Description
Question 1 and 2 PROFILES
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
170 time(s)
[Thumb - AVC.png]
 Filename
AVC.png
[Disk]
 Description
Question 3 AVCHD
 Filesize
352 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
168 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2011 18:41

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
All through beta testing SVRT for MPEG 2 did not work. However, I tested it on the final release and it was working at that time. of course, I did not check every profile, so maybe only some work correctly.

At one time several people questioned why PD can not check the format of a video and determine the SVRT setting. Just guessing, but maybe they are working on that and that is why the buttons are there. Mine are not enabled, either. I tried a few things and they never enabled. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Jaime,

Thank you for take your and answer the topic. (You always there...simple but always.)

Quote: All through beta testing SVRT for MPEG 2 did not work. However, I tested it on the final release and it was working at that time. of course, I did not check every profile, so maybe only some work correctly.

I wonder which of the profiles of MPEG-2? . In mine, either.

Quote: ..but maybe they are working on that and that is why the buttons are there. Mine are not enabled, either. I tried a few things and they never enabled.

Does anybody else have this button enabled?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote: What profile in BLU-RAY MPEG-2 coincides with what profiles in PRODUCE/ SVRT)?

Why SRVT have a profile named “BD 1920 x 1080P” and there isn’t such default profile in PRODUCE or BATCH RODUCE?

Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 06. 2011 16:11