Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT generates grey screen
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 11:05 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
I created an MPEG-4 High Quality (720p) as my initial rendering. Then from that I was going to just change some audio for a second copy of the movie. The simple thing, use the original output file as an input for a new .pds file, overlay some audio, and let PDR9 render it fast using SVRT since the video is not changing at all. One would think this would be a piece of cake since the input file is one that PDR9 created and the output is of exactly the same parameters. The output file is of the right length and all the audio is there, but the video is a flat grey screen.

Has anyone else seen this? Any clues on how to fix this one?

Thanks,

Joel
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I did see this with one video. I don't remember the details, but I produced it two or three times and it happened every time. I switched to hardware encoding and it worked, as I recall. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yup, that has been my experience as well. It has happened to me every time when trying to use SVRT. I switch back to hardware encoding and get a clean video, it just takes a lot longer and the video get another re-encoding pass I presume over time will cause more artifacts to show up.

Is this a known bug in PDR9? Anyone have a workaround? Are others getting SVRT to work?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know that it has been reported. I only had it happen with one video format and I haven't seen anyone else mention it. For me, all other formats work with SVRT, if they are supported, of course. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
mtsarpilot [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have now confirmed this is a bug in PD9 by running this same sequence on 2 computers of mine and also an independent individual has run the same on their machine and confirmed it occurs as well. This needs to be reported to Cyberlink for their defect list.

To recreate the bug:
- Produce a short video (in this test case, all it took was 3 seconds) and encode using any of PD9's stock MPEG-4 profiles. For the attached files, I used the Standard Quality (though I've confirmed it happens on all three profiles)
- Create a new project in PD9 and use the output of the above step as the source video for this new project
- Produce the video again using the same MPEG-4 Profile and select SVRT

It's just that simple. The first second or more of the video will be grey or scrambled depending on the player. After a few seconds the video finally syncs up. I've attached sample files for reference. As a test, I also uploaded the failed file to YouTube to see if it could decode cleanly and it does not. You can see that video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaH7A9onx98

I have numerous longer videos this problem occurs on and it never syncs. The video always appears grey.

Happy Debugging,

Joel
 Filename
Grey Screen output 640x480 Standard Quality.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Failed output file
 Filesize
989 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
406 time(s)
 Filename