Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Normal install version required
Elwood Blues
Newbie Location: Germany Joined: Dec 21, 2007 13:43 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I recently upgraded from PowerDVD Ultra V9 to Ultra V10. And once again I had the same issue with the installer than with previous versions: the upgrade installer requires you to have the old version installed. That means (on a fresh system) I need to install the version I started with (V6) and then upgrade all the way to version 10. In my opinion this is not a very consumer-friendly solution. Why is Cyberlink not able to provide a single install version which can install a fresh version or upgrade a previous version simply based on the key entered? Companies like Acronis are able to do so.
I asked the customer support to provide me with a normal install version but they simply ignored my request and gave me a download link of an even older upgrade installer than I already have. Thanks for nothing...
Does somebody here know where to get a normal install version? Bye,
Elwood
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
did you contact support team about your issue?
please forward the support ID for the case by PM so I can check.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Cheuk Ming [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2011 22:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same to me, I bought the Upgrade version, I send request to the support team, and no response for 2 weeks at least.