Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recording Voice Over
Renato Kaelin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2006 02:38 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am troubled by the amount of time it takes to save each voice recoding to the file. I want to make comments on a series of photos and after recoding each comment and stopping the recorder it takes about 3 mintues to save each "Capture". In PD8 this was very quick. Do I have the wrong profile or settings. I am using a USB microphone and profile PCM 44.100kHz. 16 Bit. Stereo. My PC uses Windows 7 and has 8 GB memory. I would be grateful for any tips. Thanks.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Renato Kaelin,

This sounded familiar to me but I can't find the topic that I had read before. I seem to remember some other people having this similar (long time to process) before when using the voice over task. I think this is the one...I looked while writing this:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14318.page

But to offer you a point of comparison.

I did a sample voice over with a 2 minute duration with a profile of 48,000 kHz 16 bit stereo @ 187 kb/sec...my highest setting...and when I stopped the process it basically was an instant process to place the voice over on the timeline.

So something seems amis unless your voice over was an hour long or something significantly different from my test.

Make sure you are using the latest version of PD9...the latest build is 2504 and the patch is located here, perhaps the problem has been addressed.
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_GB.html

then of course it may be an audio driver problem...not really sure. We could take a look at your hardware and audio driver configuration from a DxDiag file.

To generate one...get to your RUN command...type in DxDiag...select OK....save the result as a text file...ATTACH to you next post using the ATTACHMEMNT button...select SUBMIT.

Tha't all I can think of at the moemnt.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Renato Kaelin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kevin,
Many thanks for your reply. My problem does sound like the one in http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14318.page
but my 6 second voice recording takes 98 seconds to save to the timeline. In PD8 it took about 6 seconds. This way it will take me days to record all I want to.
I have downloaded the lastest patch build 2504 for PD9 but it has made no difference to the timing. My audio card is at the lastest driver.
I am getting desperate as I have always used voice-over a great deal in my video films and this one is only made up of still photographs lasting altogether 20 minutes - not a big file.
I have attached my DxDiag file.

Again many thanks for any help anyone can offer and also to say the other features in PD9 are really super.
Renato
 Filename
RenatoPC.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
397 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Renato,
Having experienced something similar a while back, the cause for me was a failing new external hard drive. Please can you check the location of where the audio is being recorded to - Preferences>File>export folder? If possible change the location to a different hard drive.

Some external drives also "go to sleep" and will result in the same symptoms.

I use a "ping" software which keeps my external drives awake.

Dafydd
Renato Kaelin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd many thanks for the super tip, it worked very well. I am really grateful as I like the voice over and want to continue with it.
Renato