Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Broken File"
Craig [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2007 09:33 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

Hi there...

I've been working on a project for a few weeks, and now all the sudden, the latest version I'm working on can't be opened.

I am going to File, Open Project, clicking on my project, and then it says "File Broken" and I can't open it.

Help please! I am freaking out! I save the files all the time because the program crashes, but I'm totally freaking because I can get to an older version, but if I save as, say "T8" then it won't open, but I can open "T6"

Customer help is spotty at best, so please help me folks!

Craig
Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2007 10:00 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
What did you do between "T6" and "T8"? A lot of fancystuff, imported more media files, etc?

Also might help if we knew what version you are working with, and some details of the system you have.

Can you open "T6" and do those same kinds of things, save as something else, and then close re-launch the program and then open that something else file?

Steve
Craig [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi there.

Nothing special has been done between versions. In fact, the project is basically done with the exceptions of the titles.

So I'd open T6 and save it as T7 and then it would be broken. I'd power down and open T6 again, save it as T8 and same thing - broken.

This is very new problem and very troubling. Help!!
jisbister [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2006 00:14 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
By chance is your more recent version(s) linked to any files (images, sound clips, etc.) whose locations you've since changed?
Craig [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi there.

Nope. Literally, all the pics and transitions, etc. are the same.

All I'm working on is the closing credits. I saved versions because the program crashes all the time and I wanted to keep up to date.

But now I'm trying to open the latest version and getting the Broken File message!

I am stumped!