Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there maximum file size PD6 can handle?
Steve [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2007 10:00 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All, first post (woot!)

I am having some trouble getting started with PowerDirector 6. When I try to open a media file, PD6 throws a runtime error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Its a VRO file from a Hitachi DZ-HS300A, and the file is currently approx 2.5 GB. I am wondering if over 2GB causes a problem, so I am going to cut some scenes and see if that helps.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Steve [Avatar]
[Post New]
More info for you helpful folks out there:

System: HP ~3389Mhz Dual Intel x86's
Memory: 2GB (2049MB available after the OS takes its piece)

Power Director 6.00.1627 Trial version (full version has been ordered and we are still waiting....)
Steve [Avatar]
[Post New]
Even more info....

Before all this filming, I was able to open the VRO file when there was only about 20 scenes on the camera, and got some still shots off it, etc.

So this is why I think the filesize may be the problem. I am working on cutting out some scenes using the camera itself, in hopes that if I can get the file small enough, PD6 will play nicely with it.
Steve [Avatar]
[Post New]
I guess I'll answer my own question:

I burned the video to 2 mini-DVDs ( 1.3 GB ) and then PD was able to work with each disc independently. So maybe there is a 2GB hurdle there somewhere.

(BTW, the purchased version link finally made its way through the bureaucracy! I will install it tomorrow).

Steve out.