Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 Crashes and Hangs - How I fixed mine.
Alexpho [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2009 20:59 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hello folks ! Its been awhile. As many of you may recall, I am a big wining critic of CL PD8 and had my share of trials and heartache experiences with PD8. Anyway, like some form of battered syndrome, I went ahead and upgraded to PD9. Perhaps it was the lure of it now being a native 64 bit system, I don't know. I have spent the last few months filming videos in China and SE Asia again and had over 200 gigs of HD videos.

After the 1st try....BOOM BAM !!!! Again, the same issues as PD8 with the crashes, slow previews, and hanging. In addition, it is slower to render ( especially when changing the speed ). Have they not learn from this forum and the known issues??I then came back to this forum to find the answer. I followed all the suggested fixes, including updating the latest build and drivers. Still, the same issues.

After more trials, I decided to shut off the two " hardware " accelerator options and TURN ON shadow files. Bam ! It never crashed again and my render speed came back up. The results were excellent HD videos. Yes, its too funny. I suspect that if you " juiced up " your video card like I did, you need to turn them off in PD9, and you will still get the same accelerated results. Who knows. Its screwy. But my problems are gone. The shadow files being on indeed help my previews to be quicker and did not hinder anything else.

My files are - AVCHD MTS files, 1920x1080, 24 MBS
My Camera is - Canon HFS-100
My CPU is - AMD 965 Black Edition 3.9 GHZ
My Video Card is - ATI 5750 - 1 gig of RAM ( 12.2 driver update )
My RAM is - DDR3, 4 sticks totaling 8 Gigs @ 1600 MHZ each
My OS- Windows 7, 64 Bit

Good Luck !

[Post New]
My default preferences had the "hardware" accelerators options shut off and shadow files turned on (see attachments).

Had you changed these settings at some point?
[Thumb - Lerxst - PD Pref - General.png]
 Filename
Lerxst - PD Pref - General.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
112 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
148 time(s)
[Thumb - Lerxst - PD Pref - HW Accel.png]
 Filename
Lerxst - PD Pref - HW Accel.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
98 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
144 time(s)
Alexpho [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, both Shadow files were originally turned off and hardware acelarators ON. Now the fix is the opposite ( in my particular case ).
[Post New]
Hmmm...that's odd.

I wonder why my default preferences had the "hardware" accelerators options turned off and shadow files turned on?
Alexpho [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry dude, you lost me there. These are options in the preference menu that you control and click away to what you want.