Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you insert a small movie infront of other video without messing up the sound...
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Folks,

I haven't done much Video Editing in the last year, and it seems I'm forgetting some of the simpler things. (Sorry...I must be getting old...)

I'm just starting with PD9 64 on my Quad core Box with an nVidia 260 video card, and 4 Gigs of DDR2 Ram running Win7 64 on it's own drive. (Right now it's just about the only thing on the drive.)

I made a 40 minute slide show of my God Daughter's wedding (my niece) complete with transitions and audio. I rendered it into a mpeg video so I could "plug it in" as a complete chapter after I finsihed up the "main" video portion. It was quite routine but I was impressed with the quick rendering time. I want the slide show video to be before the begining of the main video which now has all the background music in the right places (fades, edits, etc.), as well as my frst PIP (I actually put 2 in).

But I can't figure out how to lock the main video sound to the video track so they remain "in sync" when I paste the slide show video in front of them. This is so elementary I'm embarrassed to post about it. Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
Try highlighting your entire project using your mouse (left click holding and lasso the clips). Once they are all highlighted right click and "group objects". They should all then move at once.

ps don't forget to check the box in preferences>editing to "link all tracks...."

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 07. 2011 04:07

Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
-Jim-
Member Location: West Coast of Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics! Joined: Mar 29, 2009 13:32 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Try highlighting your entire project using your mouse (left click holding and lasso the clips). Once they are all highlighted right click and "group objects". They should all then move at once.

ps don't forget to check the box in preferences>editing to "link all tracks...."

Thanks for the tip. It was definitely related to the "link all tracks..." in Preferences. Boy I was scratching my head on that one...

I got my first test DVD completed and I'm impressed with PD9. I did this manual slide show that took me an hour or so for the Wedding and put it at the front of the video. At the end of the video I did a much larger 200+ photo slide show, and used the Slideshow function (after checking out the instructional vide on line), and it took 10 minutes tops!

Editing the video stuff in the middle was about the same as PD8 but I used half a dozen PIP in various spots just for effect. I had never done a PIP before. It was very straightforward. Topping it all off I decided to process the whole DVD (except the pre-processed wedding slideshow) at one time. I know the claim that 64 bit processing would dramatically shorten the Rendering time but I felt it was typical hype for a new version. (I've been through the Pinnacle Studio 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, wars with lots of promises and few results, etc.)

I had PD9 freeze a few times (I waited it out) and a couple times I had to shut it down via Windows as it it hung. (And yes I updated to the latest patch, and all my drivers are also current) I did push it with hundreds of photos, 40 or so video files, and a dozen tunes in this project. And I was usually moving things about the timeline, doing things quite quickly when it hung.

(I still manually save the project with various names as I increase the Project's complexity just in case of a crash. I also exit and re-start the program any time it hangs. Sometimes i reboot the Box as well. This may be just an old habit I don't need anymore, but it was a case of survival with Studio in days gone by... Old habits die hard.)

But overall PD9 delivered. My video portions were mostly HD quality from my Sony HDR-SR12 with a couple minutes of SD clips from Digital Cameras on Video capture mode. It rendered the whole 1 Hour and 6 minutes to HQ DVD with 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound (to folders) in 38 minutes! I went and had a quick shower after starting the rendering and came back and it was done. I was expecting 8=>10 hours not 38 Minutes => That's insane!

Now I wish I was a lot quicker at editing the video, and deciding on what tunes for background and where they all should go.

Thanks again for the tip pj3! Regards,

Jim

Asus Z87-A Motherboard - O/C if needed to about 4.6 Ghz.
Intel i7 4770K CPU
16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
OCZ 448 Gig SSD (for OS and related Video Editing Programs)
1 TB, 1.5 TB, and 3 TB Data Drives - Slide in Drawers as needed.
LG's HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 Blu ray Burner
Samsung SH-S223F 16x DVD Burner
Gigabyte GTX 660Ti NVidia Geforce Graphics Card