Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Which graphics card?
gbainbridge [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Dec 03, 2010 13:46 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
Having just purchased the full version of PD9, I was wondering about replacing my graphics card so that I can use the CUDA functions to get hardware coding and decoding.

I've looked at the Nvidia site but it really only talks about game playing, so it's difficult to work out which would be best for editing.

Which cards do people have and would recommend?

I should mention that I am running Win 7 and I use a 'silent' computer so I would prefer not to have a card with a noisy fan.

Gary.
[Post New]
I am also running Windows7...mine is 64BIT.

I recently replaced an Nvidia GTX-260(came with the machine) (it was a GREAT card) with an MSI GTX465 Twin FrozerII ($139)(it is a GREATER card).
Both are almost silent and do a very good job of running PD9. The GTX465 does a better job of implementing CUDA (FERMI Architecture) and I am glad I updated.