Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TV Safe zone greyed out
chris101 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2010 10:19 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
hmm, whenever I go to activate the TV safe zone in the display options menu it is greyed out along with the options for 'snap to reference' and grid lines, it makes no difference whether I have something in the timeline or not either,

thanks
[Post New]
You have to double clip the video track that you want to view the safe zone on.
chris101 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ive had several clips on the video track but it doesn't seem to make a difference?

Chris
[Post New]
Sorry, double click the video track to open it in another window.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The snap and safe zone do not apply to the main timeline. When you put something in the main TL, it is what it is.
These greyed out functions apply to PIP. titles, etc. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
chris101 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: The snap and safe zone do not apply to the main timeline. When you put something in the main TL, it is what it is.
These greyed out functions apply to PIP. titles, etc.

I see, so how would I go about making sure videos in the main timeline are within the TV safe zone?

kind thanks
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I think the best way is to keep your camera on target from the beginning. I'm not being a "smarty", I just know from experience. It all starts with the camera operator!
The work-flow of PD up to version 8 just takes your files in the main time-line and makes them fit. I never really thought of the main time-line in those terms.
The TV safe zone is primarily a guide for titles and such, and in reality is a little more generous than it let's on.
You can bypass the main time-line altogether by just using PIP, where you can see the safe zone. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT