Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error Code to do with Region code I think
Philby [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Melb ourne Australia Joined: Sep 11, 2010 01:04 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am trying to play a Blu Ray 3D disc I bought and when I run Power DVD Ultra 10,
First it says Cyberlink cannot access storage device, I go okay and then AVG anti virus detects it as a threat, well the helper.dll is file AVG thinks is a threat,, which I ignore and then I get this. region code check and then this error number.800401F9

Why would this be happening?

I am running Win 7 64bit, Intel EX9650 CPu
8gddr3 ram,
Nvidia GTX 285 with 3D Vision installed
Acer 24inch 3D monitor.
Power DVD Ultra ( yes I see 3D icon on man menu screen.

I downloaded latest update build CyberLink.2429(Ultra_Free_DVD101223-01

Which AVG also thought was a threat for some reason unkown to me.

Any advice?

Thanks

Phil

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

sounds if your AV solution cause some troubel in your system.

would suggest to check if AV solution is up-to-date

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Philby [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Melb ourne Australia Joined: Sep 11, 2010 01:04 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks I chekc that out,

Is it usual for Cyberlink Power DVD 10 to come up with Region code and then get that error? Could problem be that disc is protected or something? Although it is a retail one, not soemthing I downloaded. How can one check if it is? I have noticed latley with Power DVD if I play any disc, all I see is a Blue screen and Home icon and a arrow on top left.
I have to reboot Windows to get it to work.

Cheers Phil
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
BSOD is always a sign for Hardware/driver issue.

suggest that you contact the CS team about your issue and please make sure to have installed all the latest drivers and updates.

I can try to have a look into your issue (no guarantee) but need more info:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Philby [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi thanks for that,

I should be blushing, I installed the wrong patch, Mark !!, instead of one I have, which is Cyberlink Power DVD 10 Ultra.
No longer getting that region error code.
Now player played Blu Ray disc but now will not display it in 3D, i/e Nvida 3D transmitter doesn't come on when I am in full screen mode. Yes I have True Theatre set, although when I select that I cannot access Video tab.

Also by accident I clicked on switch to cinema mode, now I cannot see anything blue blue screen on player and cannot get it to switch back.

This is getting frustrating.

Am I missing something here?

Blu ray title is Monitors Aliens 3D
Have any otehrs tried to play this title?

Thanks
Phil