Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I know, I have too many questions
Nora [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Georgetown, KY Joined: Mar 28, 2007 11:55 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Ok, 2 more hopefully quick questions and I'll be all questioned out.

1. In PD6, can you import or add clips from another PD6 project?

2. Also in PD6, what is the best setting for producing video that isn't grainy? It's pretty high, but the video looks grainer than the original. Any idea? I think it's supposed to look grainer while in creation mode, but even after burning onto disk it is somewhat.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nora
MikiMouse [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St. Louis Joined: Jul 13, 2006 23:01 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Answer 1: No, PowerDirector cannot read from another project which different from the current editing one

Answer 2: It depends on the using purpose of your video. If it is DVD, you should capture your source directly in MPEG-2. If it is for file, the best quality profile is AVI. If you want to have a smaller size, H.264 is the better profile while keeping the video quality.
Videocentricity
Contributor Location: Long Beach,CA Joined: May 21, 2007 05:37 Messages: 394 Offline
[Post New]
Re- Grainy

Was the subject well illuminated when recording?

i.e before importing the clip, did it look OK ? I set my camera to Full AGC for low-light work else I do get grainy video - its a DV camcorder problem due to the resolution of the CCD chip.

If you can't solve the problem - Change the problem