Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
faint, but annoying grey stripes during BluRay playback
M8R [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 31, 2010 18:41 Messages: 89 Offline
[Post New]
Hey everyone,

I've got a playback issue with PowerDVD8 (up-to-date), Win7x64, ATI HD4890 (latest driver).
I get faint grey stripes during BluRay playback (especially annyoing in dark scenes). This is a PowerDVD issue since playback with different software works fine.

I attached a picture I've taken of it. Have a look and please tell me what I can do.
I bought all the stuff to watch BluRays without any fuss and now it forces me either to buy new software (which I'm not going to do) or to use illegal tools to enjoy the high quality of blurays.

cheers
[Thumb - stripes.JPG]
 Filename
stripes.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
faint grey stripes
 Filesize
191 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

can you check if you have the same issue with PDVD 10 trial version?

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
M8R [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey,

thanks for your interest in my problem.

I tried PowerDVD10 trial but it gives me the same grey stripes.

I'll probably try a clean Windows installation to see if Windows is part of the problem.
Until then any ideas would be great.
M8R [Avatar]
[Post New]
A clean installation didn't change anything.
I tried another monitor, too, nothing...

BD Advisor gives me thumbs up for everything.
M8R [Avatar]
[Post New]
I got it worked out.
Not sure what exactly caused it in the end but after disabling any video processing preferences in ATI CCC the stripes disappeared.