Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
vReVeal Halts PDR9
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
If you have visited the nVidia website, you may have seen an advertisement for vReveal and installed it to test out CUDA. The lastest version of vReveal with newly added h264 export support causes PowerDirector to halt with a runtime error message. The only way I've found to work around the problem is uninstall vReveal, or unregister the h264enc.ax codec that vReveal installs. After I'm finished using PowerDirector, I can register the codec again so vReveal can use it.

I created a CMD file with the following commands to automate unregistering the codec, running PowerDirector, then registering the codec:

regsvr32 /s /u "C:\Program Files\vReveal\h264enc.ax"
PDR9.exe
regsvr32 /s "C:\Program Files\vReveal\h264enc.ax"

I saved the CMD file in the PowerDirector root directory where PDR9.EXE is located.
I created a shortcut on my desktop to run the CMD file, which I named PDR9.CMD

That is for Windows XP Pro (32-bit), SP 3. I don't know what the commands would be on any other system.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29. 2010 04:03

Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting. Thank you Xerox.
Dafydd