Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Couple of enhancement requests
Steve0212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 12, 2010 16:38 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have used some other video editting / dvd making software and honestly, I like PD 9 the best. However, there are two enhancements I would would like to see in the future:

• The ability to add transitions in the storyboard view

• The ability to burn to an ISO image (as opposed to media or a DVD folder)

• Overall - great product.
    Odoggz [Avatar]
    Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2008 19:28 Messages: 3 Offline
    [Post New]
    Please put more flexibility in the options to customize the file formats. I feel PD9 is too rigid, and we must use what's programmed by default. For instance, I can't create WMVs or MP4s in sizes that are not listed by PD9.

It might be just be, but I don't see any option to produce a file that is 352 x 288 or 480 x 360 resolution. I have MANY files that are these sizes, but now I can't modify the videos because I'd have to upscale/downscale them (looks terrible) to the limited options of PD9. It goes 352 x 240 and the next option of video size is 640 x 480, for MP4. Not cool.
    Cap'n Kevin
    Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
    [Post New]
    deleted...incorrect information

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 25. 2010 17:44

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
    Robert2 S
    Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
    [Post New]
    No doubt about it Kevin, you are a true Prince amongst us plebs, well done mate. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
    Cap'n Kevin
    Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
    [Post New]
    Thanks Robert! Wow! That made my day!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Kevin
    Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
    James W
    Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
    [Post New]
    Here's the PDToots tutorial for making custom WMV profiles. It's written for PD8, but it should be the same for PD9.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PDtoots#p/u/14/vw2RlzIt9EM Q9300 2.5 GHz
    4 GB Ram
    Nvidia 9800 GT
    pjc3
    Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
    [Post New]
    Quote: No doubt about it Kevin, you are a true Prince amongst us plebs, well done mate.

For several weeks now I have begun to suspect Kevin...... he has this "cover story" of being a ferry captain, puttering the waterways of beautiful Maine (which I have visited a couple of times and must say it is beautiful). HOWEVER I am now under the opinion he is a "plant" from the newly formed Videoholics Anonymous whose aim is to help unsuspecting videoholics by reducing the time away from their wives, children, loved ones in an attempt to improve their health and wellbeing and to overcome the depressive effects inherrent of NLE addiction. Altruism indeed!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 24. 2010 14:04

Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.
    BarryTheCrab
    Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
    [Post New]
    You know too much, now we must kill you, or at the very least, make you freeze and crash, offering a non-existent fault module. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
    Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
    Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
    Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
    https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
    vn800rider
    Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
    [Post New]
    offering a non-existent fault module.

More commonly known as SmartSound??

Merry Christmas - or not.

Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
    Confucius
    AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
    BarryTheCrab
    Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
    [Post New]
    Grinch HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
    Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
    Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
    Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
    https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
    JL_JL [Avatar]
    Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
    [Post New]
    Quote: The ability to burn to an ISO image (as opposed to media or a DVD folder)

I know everyone’s needs are different, however, in my opinion, there are so many good burn utilities out there both free and purchasable (CL included) that I'd much rather see PD development dollars go to video editing enhancements, bug fixes, SVRT fixes, Menu designer enhancements........and many other video editing solutions. As long as PD can burn to a folder successfully I can deal with it and create an ISO img, burn, compress (much better than Smartfit) all with a utility that is made for those functions with much more success.

Keep PD a strong editing tool through video editing enhancements, leave the tangent tasks to tools that are much more capable.

Jeff