Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Running List of Idiosyncrasies in PD9
[Post New]
This thread is meant to be a running list of strange behavior encountered in PD9.

1) After adjusting the volume levels on the "rubber band" of an audio track, during preview, the audio goes out completely on all audit tracks. Several workarounds exist to make it come back - zoom out on the timeline - close project and reopen, shut down PD9 and restart. However problem recurs after the next audio track adjustment.

2) When using the fade transition on a title track (place on a video track) the fade-in often appears to work backwards, i.e., starts off full fades out, then comes on full again.

3) I used the tools to flip a clip horizontal. When I preview the clip it is zoomed in and the aspect ratio is off.

4) When cropping a 4:3 aspect ratio clip to a 16:9 aspect ratio clip I must go through the following process to get it to preview and produce properly. I select my 4:3 aspect ratio clip on the timeline and go to the Crop Video Power Tool. I do what I need to do and exit the Crop Video Power Tool. The preview window displays the file with a 4:3 aspect ratio...my crop settings are there but I've lost the width. It's a very easy fix...just change the project aspect ratio to 4:3 then back to 16:9.

[Post New]
56 views and no comments? Wow.
pjc3
Senior Member Location: Australia Joined: May 29, 2010 19:33 Messages: 247 Offline
[Post New]
My reply would be that the list of "idiosyncrasies" during beta testing was so long it became unmanageable. Most serious problems were ironed out but plenty of quirks remain. Panasonic SD9, Panasonic TM700, Panasonic SD600, GoPro HD Hero.