Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VOB Files
BillyC56 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2010 10:31 Messages: 66 Offline
[Post New]

I put two .vob files,part 1 and 2 next to each other in the timeline but the video hangs at that point where they were put together everytime,is there some procedure to join these files ?
[Post New]
In the preview area do you have "CLIP" or "MOVIE" selected?? Should be "MOVIE" to play both clips in the timeline.
BillyC56 [Avatar]
[Post New]

now I'm not sure if it was happening where the two original files were joined together or where I edited them and trimmed parts. I think I found out why the program was hanging when I went to produce and burn to disk,it's because of the video hanging at this one point and not allowing the produce and burn go any further. It's happening only in this one project (a dvd that I transferred some old vhs tapes onto)
PapaSmile [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2008 10:45 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: In the preview area do you have "CLIP" or "MOVIE" selected?? Should be "MOVIE" to play both clips in the timeline.

You have some nice replys, but what are you are talking about now?
[Post New]
Nicolas;
The original issue that BillyC56 reported above was:
I put two .vob files,part 1 and 2 next to each other in the timeline but the video hangs at that point where they were put together everytime,is there some procedure to join these files ?

I was asking him if he knew the effect of these buttons.

Now Nicolas, he is referring to another problem. Does the picture attached here help you understand??
[Thumb - clip.jpg]
 Filename
clip.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
154 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
149 time(s)
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
PapaSmile,

Aren't you NicolasNY? Please let me know if you are. I was told that this new name was actually you.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2010 17:26

The Oak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2010 08:17 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
You could try putting them on different tracks versus on the same track side by side. The flow moving from one to another may go better? Just an idea ... Dell Studio 1558 (laptop) * I5-520 * AMD HD 5470 * 4GB RAM - 1066MHz DDR3 * 320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive * Windows 7 Pro 64 bit * BluRay Burner
PapaSmile [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 15, 2008 10:45 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: PapaSmile,Aren't you NicolasNY? Please let me know if you are. I was told that this new name was actually you.
Kevin
???
BillyC56 [Avatar]
[Post New]
well after about 7 trys I finally got a clean prodution of the edited dvd. The sound track is ever so slightly off on the last half of it,I understand that happens some.The answer to to save it in HQ rather then SQ but that would have made for too big of a file for the dvd.
[Post New]
BillyC56;

Glad to hear it FINALLY worked. It is much more fun when we get it done.!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 16. 2010 20:47

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Monitoring thread.
Dafydd