Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[ISSUE] Black screen after uncheck “Snap to Reference” in PIP Designer
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Opening the PIP Designer window, PD always start with the “Snap to Reference” checked. If you drag the clip everything works perfect, but if you uncheck “Snap to Reference” and try to move or drag it, the clip disappears (the PID editor screen goes black and you have to start all over).

It’s very easy to recreate.
1. Open PD9
2. Add “Nature.mpg” to the time line
3. Double click the clip in the timeline in order to open the PID designer window
4. Uncheck the “Snap to Reference”
5. Now try to move or drag the clip… disappears.

Please Help
Regards, Nicolas

PS. I have PD9 V9.0.0.2316

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 09. 2010 21:48

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nicolas, yes exactly as you said on my machine also.

Cheers

Robert2 S My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Confirmed.

- Nature clip
- Open in PIP Designer
- Un-Check Snap To
- Resize Nature clip
- Attempt to move clip to center of screen, clip goes black.

If I don’t disable Snap To, all is fine.

XP Pro / SP3 Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Nicolas,

I found the missing clip. It was just hiding.

When you try to move it and it disappears, look for the scroll bars on the edit window.

See attached clips of before and after.

Strange behaviour for sure.

Hal
[Thumb - beforemove.png]
 Filename
beforemove.png
[Disk]
 Description
Screen after the move
 Filesize
392 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
215 time(s)
[Thumb - aftermove.png]
 Filename
aftermove.png
[Disk]
 Description
Screen before the move
 Filesize
88 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
220 time(s)
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
This issue really haves me ps-off for 30 minutes, until I find out how to do deal with it. Its really not a big deal. I have workaround using the keyboard cursor to move the clip around the PID window with the “Snap” checked, but if unchecking the “Snap” doesn’t work.. you can take you mouse and put into your pocket or throw it away… Thanks guys for the confirmation.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Quote: Nicolas, I found the missing clip. It was just hiding.

Hi HalCon, you have answer before i had post my last message...

You must have more patience than me. I really have do the same like you do, but maybe I don’t scroll down that much to find where my clip goes…and yes its there "n^2" scroll down. Still a bug. Strange behaviour we all sure. Cheers, Thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 09. 2010 21:46

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Fixed by patch 2702
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html
Please check.
Thanks
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2011 09:10

NicolasNY
[Post New]
ALELUYA...!