Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Re editing project to new configuration
mikey105 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Oregon Joined: Nov 23, 2009 19:25 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I completed a project. Before I went further to author and burn it, I decided I would make a second version. I reloaded the project, removed a lot of video clips by deleting them, added new video clips and a few titles. I used SAVE AS and gave the project a new name.

The next day I used File -> open project. It took me to the proper folder and both projects were displayed. I chose the revised project. I loaded correctly and all was well.. except all the clips I had deleted from the time line were back just like they were before and the new work could not be found.

Is this a bug, or was I suppose to take all the deleted clips out of the library as well before doing a SAVE AS?
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Mike,
Quote: ..I decided I would make a second version. I reloaded the project, removed a lot of video clips by deleting them, added new video clips and a few titles. I used SAVE AS and gave the project a new name.

That always work and I never have seen that Pd fails in that.!

Quote: The next day.. I chose the revised project. I loaded correctly and all was well.. except all the clips I had deleted from the time line were back just like they were before and the new work could not be found.

Very estrange Mike. That could only be happened if you have do something wrong yesterday doing “saving as”.

Im afraid that you have to start over and do it again . Or Im wrong?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You might be right Nicolas.

I suggest mikey use Ctrl+Shift+S or File > Save project as and save to a new project name in future.
Example 002.pds then 003.pds etc.

You can also check Auto save to see if your project was picked up there.
W7:
C:\Users\YOURPCNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0\AutoSave

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 07. 2010 15:49

gbainbridge [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Dec 03, 2010 13:46 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
In wonder whether this is related to what I discovered in
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/preList/14553/69653.page ?

Gary.
mikey105 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Oregon Joined: Nov 23, 2009 19:25 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I'm following the discussion here and appreciate all the ideas offered so far.

Unfortunately I think I did all the things that have been suggested.

First, Dafydd Bevan, I saved the revised file via File Save As.

Second, I gave it a new name. It was "1992 cruise version2" The original was "1992 cruise"

Both the original and the revised files were save to the hard drive. The only thing they had in common was the folder they were located in.

Both files were visible as separate and properly named project files in that specified folder the next day.

Thank you gbainbridge for the archive link. I checked that, but the fellow there was using a archive disk of several project files and perhaps had version issues between what he had saved to a archive disk and what he retained on his HD. I think my problem in comparrison was more simple.

I haven't tried to repeat this process because I thought someone might have a solution other than it is a bug in PD9 that might be rare to encounter.

As always, warm thanks to all who have scratched your heads along with myself on this one and offered you ideas.

Mike