Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 edit points on time line cause choppy/stuttering video playback with HD files
TONY AVS [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2009 10:40 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
With PD 9 (my system config is posted) on the timeline during playback the video becomes choppy (stutters) and is even worse with added effects when playback hits an edit point. If I quickly pause and release the video it immediately smooths out only to repeat the problem at the next edit point. Some points are worse than others. Simple cuts seem to handle OK unless an effect has been added to the clip. It appears that at edit points the system needs to buffer faster.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
(my system config is posted)

Where? Is it all HD files or just certain formats? MPEG 2 HD vs. AVCHD, for example. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
AVCHD files H.264. The system config is on the thread where daffyd has asked us to list it.
TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
My system is on the compatibility list at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8445.page
 Filename
Tony AVS DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
304 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05. 2010 18:01

[Post New]
Tony AVS;
We are looking for a DXDIAG.TXT file for your machine. See PART B on the link below:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

Create it, Save it, and attach it to your post here.
TONY AVS [Avatar]
[Post New]
I guess the dxdiag file is on here twice
 Filename
Tony AVS DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
269 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05. 2010 18:06

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I have similar problems, but only have a dual core, so it is expected with AVCHD. Looking at the file it should be capable. Hopefully someone with a similar system can offer some insight. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
jabale [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 05, 2011 19:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm having this problem now. I did not have this problem a month ago. Please help. thanks, Janice
 Filename
Bailey64DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
321 time(s)
 Filename
BaileyDxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description