Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Disc not working on stand-alone player
gbainbridge [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: Dec 03, 2010 13:46 Messages: 42 Offline
[Post New]
I'm currently trying the trial version of PD9 (32 bit) and I'm having a couple of problems.

If I create an AVCHD disc with a menu, the disc plays O.K. on my computer but will not play on my Samsung Blu-ray player. The player simply displays a blank screen, plays a short section of the background audio and then stops, and you cannot therefore select a video from the menu.

If I make a disc without a menu the disc plays, although not without a problem (which I will put in another message).

AVCHDs made with other software play without any problems.

Gary.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gary,

What Samsung BD player you have?.
Are you creating a AVCHD DVD disc?
(Not all Blu-ray Disc players are compatible with AVCHD video authored on DVD media)
gbainbridge [Avatar]
[Post New]
It is a BD-P1500, but as I said it happily runs AVCHD discs produced (on DVD media) by other software and it plays DVDs made by PD9 without a menu, so I don't think that the fact that it is on a DVD makes any difference.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-BD-P1500-XEU-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B0016J72SM

Gary.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Gary, you say that
Quote: ..the disc plays O.K. on my computer but will not play on my Samsung Blu-ray player
If your computer can play it, is obvios that i have to ask you about the BD player model, becouse maybe the problem is with your Samsung.

1. Where do you play it in your computer, PD, PowerDVD, Windows Media Player.?
2. You may take a look to this post (Intermittent black screen during AVCHD disc playback on blu-ray player) at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8670.page , also about AVCHD DVD with Menu problem in another BD player. You will also find there information about what more do we need to help us to help you.
gbainbridge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Corel WinDVD 9 (Installed with Corel Videstudio) is the current default player for HD and Bluray on my computer (which does have a Bluray drive).

I've also now read your second reference. It doesn't really have the same problem as the discs without menu play correctly apart from the interlace problem. re. that and your reference, I used 'split' throughout as I found it faster than the trim function.

I have uploaded the other information you need in my other question about the interlace problem.

Gary.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2010 18:31

NicolasNY
[Post New]
I ask you about your samsung player model, becouse maybe there is a problem.
http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/298727-Samsung-BD-P1500-Firmware-Issues
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-319830.html
gbainbridge [Avatar]
[Post New]
Why do you think it is a firmware problem with the Samsung player when it plays every disc APART from those produced by PD9?

The reference you gave is about it not playing BD on DVD. That is something that I have never tried.

I may however try a firmware update when I get the opportunity which won't be until after the weekend.

Gary.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Hello Gray,
You look a little upset and I don’t blame you. We all here to help each other.

Quote: Why do you think it is a firmware problem with the Samsung player when it plays every disc APART from those produced by PD9?
Have you create a AVCHD DVD (with menu) with another program in the same computer and it works in your Samsung player?.

Quote: The reference you gave is about it not playing BD on DVD. That is something that I have never tried.
They talk about both BD and AVCHD DVD's.

Quote: I may however try a firmware update when I get the opportunity which won't be until after the weekend.
I’m not ensuring that you need a new firmware, but it doesn’t hurt to try.

Have a nice weekend
Regards,
Nicolas
gbainbridge [Avatar]
[Post New]
You look a little upset and I don’t blame you. We all here to help each other.

Apologies, that reads as rather harsher than I intended. I'm more disapointed really, as PD9 is far better for editing, but if it can't produce the final product correctly that is a waste of time.

Have you create a AVCHD DVD (with menu) with another program in the same computer and it works in your Samsung player?.

Yes, several times over the past three years since I bought my camera. They've been difficult to edit due to stuttering pictures in the editor (which is why I had high hopes for PD9) but they play without any problems.

Gary.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2010 12:51