Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 9 Crashes when adjusting sound volume of a video clip
mleij [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 05:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have got a fairly large project in PD9 with about a 100 HD clips making up about 17 minutes worth of video. Apperently when I am adding new clips and adjusting the volume of the clip, since I am having an audio track underneath the whole video, PD9 crashes and closes. This tens to get very annoying having to start up again and try again. Once in a while it works but it tends to happen more often once I start adding more clips.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Michiel Leij
QuikScholes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2010 04:11 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Lots of crashing here to especially when playing with audio fades. Just upgraded from 8 in which there were a lot fewer crashes so it isn't the hardware, the only thing to change is the upgrade to PD9.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michiel Leij,

Your problem isn't something that I recall during beta testing. In order to give you some feedback it really would help to know more about the video clips you are using. How were they generated? From what type of camera? Make? Model?

Then it will also be helpful if we knew more about your PC and what makes up its hardware. You can attach a DxDiag file and this is the best method of providing this type of information. We can then look at the drivers you are using both audio and video...the codecs that are resident on your system...etc. etc.

Attaching a screen shot with Power Director 9 open and your project on the timeline is also very helpful. We can get alot of information just by looking at this screenshot.

I wish I could simply say..."oh flip this switch and it will be fixed"...but unless someone knows of the switch to flip...it isn't that easy in your case to give you a solution to your problem.

Regards,

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
mleij [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 05:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Problems start around 18 minutes. From then onwards it is almost impossible to do any sound adjustments. De clips arn't any different and are still coming from the same camera. Between some of the clips there is a clip from YouTube.

All clips where taken with the Kodak Playsport videocamera which is a HD1080i camera at 30fps.

I have included a dxdiag file and a screenshot. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Michiel Leij
[Thumb - Screenshot PD9.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot PD9.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
ScreenShot PD9
 Filesize
256 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
195 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag File
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
297 time(s)
JEFFREY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 09:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue when playing with volume levels PD tends to crash!
JEFFREY [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 09:57 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
This might also help:

Faulting application name: PDR9.exe, version: 9.0.0.2330, time stamp: 0x4cf4e322
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b802
Exception code: 0xc0150010
Fault offset: 0x000000000006e1b2
Faulting process id: 0x14c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbc4bc532b52a4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR9.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 841c1fb4-30b5-11e0-a162-002511a1b215