Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is QuickTime Required for PD9? Getting QT error on PD9 Startup.
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Greetings All,

The upgrade from PD8 to PD9 seemed to have went well, but every time I open PD9, an error message immediately appears which says, "Cyberlink CLQTKernelClient32" has stopped working". I must then click a link to terminate program that generated this error. Happens every time I start PD9, but PD9 is not the program that closes after I click on that link. It's some program that opens in the background when PD9 starts up, which I'm assuming is, because Quicktime gave me some kind of error during the installation/upgrade, but appeared to have installed anyway.

QUESTION: Is Quicktime necessary for PD9 to function properly? If not, I will uninstall it. I don't recall Quicktime being a part of the PD8 installation package. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

-Allen
Windows 7 / 64 Bit

p.s. Did searches in the forum and the internet for clues, but no references to this error at all..anyplace.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2010 23:41

Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
There were a number of problems with PD8 that were solved by installing the latest version of quicktime. I am no expert but I think PD uses some of the codecs inside quicktime. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
AllenChicago [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Chicago (USA) Joined: Jan 28, 2010 22:06 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Qucktime was installed as part of the overall PD9 package. Since PD9 is new, I wouldn't think that it contains an outdated Quicktime. But, ya never know. If PD9 uses some of the Quicktime Codecs, perhaps it's best for me to uninstall QT that installed with PD9 and download/install the latest version directly from the QT website. Will give that a try right now and report back. Thanks for the insight Robert2 S.
-Allen

EDIT TO ADD: I uninstalled QuickTime and now PD9 not only starts without any errors, but it produces ACVHD and DVD-HQ clips without any problem thus far. Good news, because I don't like APPLE products. Windows7 seems to contain all the CODECS needed for my modest projects.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 01:45

clint123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 25, 2011 08:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have exactly the same problem and cannot solve it. Ununstalled both, reloaded both several times and done updates from both Cy and Apple. Still same error message on startup CLQT KernelClient 32 not responding.

Using Win7 64 bit edition

Driving me insane as I have not been able to use this software for months

Never had a prpblem with V8

Anybody have any more ideas how to solve this problem please ?? EWrazor
clint123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried your tip of deleting quicktime completely and it now works, great to finally have it up and running EWrazor
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Clint,
You have a short term solution. QT is required by PD9 to fully function. The kernel message is due to a corruption on your system, possibly you've install another program which has over-written the driver. Uninstall QT & PD9 and re-installing PD9 should resolve the issue .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2011 09:48

clint123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both apps several times with no success. I tried installing latest updated apps both times as well and it still failed. Only deleting QT completely works ? EWrazor