Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot hear audio when capturing
HEM3RD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2010 20:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm capturing video from my VCR through a Pinnacle Movie Box 510 USB. While capturing, I can see the video, but can't hear the audio. When I playback the clip in the Edit area, I can hear the audio just fine, so I know it is being captured. I just can't monitor the sound while the video is being captured.

I guess it's not a huge problem, but it is annoying because I won't know if the audio recorded or not unless I potentially waste time capturing a video and listen to it later.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give. Cheers!
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
You can preview you capturing image but i think not the captuing audio (at least i never need it). You must set your VCR audio level and the mixer recording level, before, adjust it and then procede whit the final capture. You can always edit your captured audio levels in the editor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2010 21:10

HEM3RD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2010 20:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your response Nicholas. The audio levels are fine on playback. Although it has not happened yet, my fear is that I will waste time capturing video that turns out to have no sound. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but I also use Magix and Pinnacle products, and I can monitor the audio when capturing. It makes me nervous when I cannot.

I'm sure the solution is just a settings change somewhere, but I just installed this new version of PD, and I am still taking it for it's "test drive", so I sure I will stumble across it eventually...
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: my fear is that I will waste time capturing video that turns out to have no sound..

You can always monitor the output audio of your VCR (headphone) or video camera speaker while playing back the video to be captured, or also use the windows recording mixer to monitor, so you can know if your material have audio or your audio channel is having any problem. But if you can find out how to monitor the audio level during capturing on PD9, please let me know.

Chears, Nicolas